Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Morebeer in Los Altos CA  (Read 835 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Morebeer in Los Altos CA
« on: December 08, 2021, 04:31:23 pm »
I know not many are from the SF Bay area, but I just had the absolute best customer service and chat with the young man that works at this place.  I went in to see about getting the cleaner that was discussed in another thread, of which they had.  Did some looking around and decided I did not need anything, although there were plenty of things I could have bought  LOL.  The kid asked what I was looking for, and so off we went.  About an hour later, he is still chatting, telling me about different kits and ways to brew.  He works at a small brewery in Hollister as a Asst Brewmaster I think, and was telling me about a new brew they were getting ready to do and that I should take a ride over one day and try some of their brews.  He gave me some info on different ways to do what I already do, and suggested that I try some other things to improve my skills.  It was, by far, the nicest conversation I have had in a retail setting.  So, if anybody is in the SF Bay area, I would heavily suggest you try this place.  The people there are outstanding and they do customer service right.  I am now a customer, even if it cost a bit more there.  RR

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Morebeer in Los Altos CA
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:15:02 pm »
I live about 3 miles from that store and have been going there for years. I agree that they give outstanding service and advice. They often have beer brewing in the showroom and, pre-pandemic, would share tastes of their product. I sometimes drop off a bottle of my brew for them when I shop there. They have been in business there for a long time and I hope they can continue despite all the redevelopment that is going on around them. I try to give them as much business as I can to keep them going.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 07:07:56 am »
MoreBeer has become my go-to online shop ever since they opened a warehouse in the Northeast, but it's cool to hear that their brick-and-mortar establishment has great service. It definitely makes me feel better about doing business with them online.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 11:22:56 am »
I also forgot to mention that I just happened to say that I was a member here, and he gave me a discount on the cleaner.  I did not know they were part of the benefits so it was nice of him to offer it up.  It was only a couple of bucks, but again, that is what customer service is all about. 

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 11:24:01 am »
I live about 3 miles from that store and have been going there for years. I agree that they give outstanding service and advice. They often have beer brewing in the showroom and, pre-pandemic, would share tastes of their product. I sometimes drop off a bottle of my brew for them when I shop there. They have been in business there for a long time and I hope they can continue despite all the redevelopment that is going on around them. I try to give them as much business as I can to keep them going.

If you ever find yourself in the South San Francisco area and feel like a beer, give me a holler.  RR