Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I go to one holiday party ...  (Read 1272 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
I go to one holiday party ...
« on: December 22, 2021, 05:07:39 pm »
... and I get Covid. Unbelievable. I've been all over during the pandemic, even lived in Mobile for 6 months. But I go to one stinking brewery party and come down with Covid. Double vaxxed but not boosted.

It will be an interesting Christmas.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: I go to one holiday party ...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 05:11:22 pm »
That sux. Get well soon!

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 05:13:11 pm »
... and I get Covid. Unbelievable. I've been all over during the pandemic, even lived in Mobile for 6 months. But I go to one stinking brewery party and come down with Covid. Double vaxxed but not boosted.

It will be an interesting Christmas.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Sorry about that!

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 08:34:42 pm »
I've tried to social distance as much as possible and skipped a recent event because it was looking to be a super spreader event. I'm vaxxed and recently boosted, but still don't plan to spend time in potential exposure events until late January when I have to be at a trade show. I hope you get well soon.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 08:53:18 pm »
I've tried to social distance as much as possible and skipped a recent event because it was looking to be a super spreader event. I'm vaxxed and recently boosted, but still don't plan to spend time in potential exposure events until late January when I have to be at a trade show. I hope you get well soon.

Poor planning on my part. Regrets because I won't be able to spend Christmas with the rest of my family.This will be the first time in 52 years i won't see my parents on Christmas.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I'm not feeling too terribly bad. Not feeling too terribly great either, though.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 02:54:50 pm »
That sucks. Hopefully you recover for new years and can enjoy some of the holidays.

Luckily, my son got hand foot & mouth early in December, because we missed the 6+classrooms in his daycare that were exposed over the last 2 weeks. They said most of the cases are unrelated and probably community spread. Pulled him out of daycare for the rest of the month rather than risking the exposure and potentially missing the holidays.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2021, 06:43:03 am »
Thought I was on the mend yesterday but took a turn for the worse today. Nothing super serious just feel bad (head ache, stuffy, loss of taste, and "out of sorts"). I can taste coffee again so that is good.

Offline tommymorris

I go to one holiday party ...
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2021, 07:22:22 am »
Thought I was on the mend yesterday but took a turn for the worse today. Nothing super serious just feel bad (head ache, stuffy, loss of taste, and "out of sorts"). I can taste coffee again so that is good.
Hopefully that’s just the last throws of the virus and you’re better tomorrow. Sorry it screwed up your Christmas.

Merry Christmas

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 07:08:06 am »
My family, my wife and I are all double vaxxed and boosted.  But we still mask, avoid crowds, and distance.  It’s too bad to catch it before Christmas.  Hopefully you made the best of the day anyway.  Good luck!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 07:56:02 am »
Double vaxxed but not boosted. I wear masks in public, or at least did since the Omicron variant has hit. Literally the first time I have been in a crowd since the pandemic began. I was so tuned in to making the event a success that it wasn't until people started showing up that I started to worry.

My wife is double vaxxed and boosted and she didn't seem to come down with it. My sons, one home from college the other out of college but living at home are both double vaxxed but not boosted. They had mild symptoms. SO testament to the booster! It works. I had planned on getting mine this week since I had some down time.

Overall I never felt too terrible. I am thankful for that, especially since I have chronic asthma. Still have a bit of a head ache but went for a small hike yesterday and today. Energy is coming back.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the veiled finger wagging!  ;D ;)
I had a good day yesterday. Would have been better had the Colts lost last night. FTC!

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 08:27:14 am »

Overall I never felt too terrible. I am thankful for that, especially since I have chronic asthma. Still have a bit of a head ache but went for a small hike yesterday and today. Energy is coming back.

I had some lung problems a few years ago (I don't smoke - and I cleared them up), but I always stress to everyone I know how much better I perceive my life to be using HEPA air purifiers in the house. I think theyre starting to become common in North America, but theyre extremely common in east asia. just leave them on most of the day (i turn them off when im sleeping).

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 09:35:22 am »

I had some lung problems a few years ago (I don't smoke - and I cleared them up), but I always stress to everyone I know how much better I perceive my life to be using HEPA air purifiers in the house. I think theyre starting to become common in North America, but theyre extremely common in east asia. just leave them on most of the day (i turn them off when im sleeping).

At first i thought this was spam and was looking for a link! hahahaha\!

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
  • Submarines once, Submarines Twice....
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2022, 09:05:12 pm »
I tried running HEPA filters in the house but either you have to buy a ton for every room or move the machine room to room.  On submarines we have two different kinds, big filters that the ventilation system circulates all the air in the ship through every 1-1.5 hours and electrostatic precipitators.  Both require pretty heavy cleaning frequently (every 8 to 12 hours.)  Too much labor for a house and that flow rate.
My grandfather did have an electrostatic precipitator in his house for a while, something he rigged up in his air conditioning.  My grandmother didn't have to dust for the 10 years he had it running.  Unfortunately, I never learned how he set it up before he passed (1997 so it has been a while).  There are some on the market, but nothing like what he designed and built.  I told my wife I would build one for the next house, so I guess I better figure it out soon. 
As a separate note, precipitators are a great way to electrocute yourself if you screw them up.