Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BEERMKR Are they any good?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: BEERMKR Are they any good?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2021, 05:57:31 pm »
A small electric all-in-one may be the right thing for you. If you are making smaller batches than the capacity of the system your chance of a boilover is zero. Also, a 120V unit will not have any problems bringing a small batch to a boil quickly.

I have the Brewzilla and I love it. Contrary to reports i don't have any issues with it coming to a strong boil (relatively quickly, too). But should be fine for 2-3 gallon boils with plenty of head space. I'd still use some fermcap which will mostly eliminate the problems of  boil over on just about any set up. FWIW mine boils over all the time if unless I add fermcap

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
Re: BEERMKR Are they any good?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2021, 08:30:42 am »
BYO had a blurb about it in their "Roundup" of electric systems, but it's less comprehensive than the Zymurgy review. Having to use the steam hops or making a separate hop tea seems like more trouble than it's worth. The steam hops you have to buy in preprocessed time increments, i.e. "10 minute" Cashmere vs "30 minute" Cashmere.

I'd get one of the small AIO, a minifridge, and a 2.5 gallon keg with a floating dip tube. Ferment/serve in the keg. Or I'd just do extract.
That sounds like another option worth investigating. 
thanks

It's easier to read brewing books and get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!