Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: USPS Shipping Equity Act  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Semper Sitientem

• Assistant Brewer
Re: USPS Shipping Equity Act
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 04:55:00 pm »
+10

Although interested parties have been trying for years, I believe this is the first time a bill has been presented for consideration- and bipartisan as well!

Although I cannot discount the fact that there’s the possibility that politicians could be align with organized crime, In my short, 30 year history of working in regulatory compliance and with multiple government agencies I never came across anyone that had such a relationship. And, it’s odd that such relationships seem to be common knowledge, so much so that they’re being discussed on the AHA forum. Yet, the FBI/TBI are totally in the dark.

The intent of the bill is not to create a new mousetrap. It’s to allow the USPS to compete with FedEx and UPS, who are already shipping alcohol. So, unless there’s a suggestion that FedEx and UPS are mafia controlled, I really don’t get the connection.
Confidunt in cervisia nobis

Scientists believe that the universe is made of hydrogen, because they claim it’s the most plentiful ingredient. I claim that the most plentiful ingredient is stupidity. - Frank Zappa

narvin

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2022, 05:09:46 pm »
Some of you people need to lay off the pipe some. This would be a good thing for many reason. 1 it has the possibility to keep a struggling brewery in business (maybe one of your favs ) 2 this will open the door for home brews to be mailed. As for the Mafia really come on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, they're not Italian in Texas so let's not blame them, that's racist. This ain't Jersey.

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 05:11:03 pm »
There are distribution rules at the local, county and state level, and maybe federal also. Rules that are passed by legislators. And, many of these legislators are deep into the pockets of...well, let's just call them the "dark side".

Sure FedEx & UPS deliver. But that is a drop in the bucket as to the control that will be lost if the USPS is allowed to deliver alcohol to your front door, from another county, or another state.

I am hedging my bets. This bill will not pass. If it does, who stands to lose? There is your answer.

In my local precinct, alcohol cannot travel across a parking lot. From a brewer / retailer, to a another retailer, that is 100 feet away. It must first go through the circuit of "distributors". I have spoken with these people in person. They hate it. And they are well aware who is in control.

Offline deckerhand

• Cellarman
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2022, 05:34:39 pm »
There are distribution rules at the local, county and state level, and maybe federal also. Rules that are passed by legislators. And, many of these legislators are deep into the pockets of...well, let's just call them the "dark side".

Sure FedEx & UPS deliver. But that is a drop in the bucket as to the control that will be lost if the USPS is allowed to deliver alcohol to your front door, from another county, or another state.

I am hedging my bets. This bill will not pass. If it does, who stands to lose? There is your answer.

In my local precinct, alcohol cannot travel across a parking lot. From a brewer / retailer, to a another retailer, that is 100 feet away. It must first go through the circuit of "distributors". I have spoken with these people in person. They hate it. And they are well aware who is in control.

That sounds like your from Texas then they have laws  like that. I am From NJ our governor is an alcoholic so he allows brewery’s to deliver within the state