General Category > Equipment and Software

Two equpiment questions

(1/2) > >>

dano14041:
Is there a thread comparing the Johnson analog and digital controllers? Or do you have an opinion preferring one over the other?

Next question, on one of the other threads someone said they used a pond pump to recirculate ice/cold water through their IC. Any recommendations on what kind of pump works best for this?

Thank you!
Dano

micsager:

--- Quote from: dano14041 on September 15, 2010, 01:08:20 PM ---Is there a thread comparing the Johnson analog and digital controllers? Or do you have an opinion preferring one over the other?

Next question, on one of the other threads someone said they used a pond pump to recirculate ice/cold water through their IC. Any recommendations on what kind of pump works best for this?

Thank you!
Dano

--- End quote ---

Can't remember the thread, but many have opened that the analog controllers last longer and are much more durable.  I have two digitals.  a one phase and a two phase.  Had them about two years.  No problems. 

Just go to homedepot and get one.  I use a 1/3hp for my keg cleaners as described on the AHA mainpage.  (or it was)

jptheelder:

--- Quote from: dano14041 on September 15, 2010, 01:08:20 PM ---Is there a thread comparing the Johnson analog and digital controllers? Or do you have an opinion preferring one over the other?

--- End quote ---
[/i]
I have used the analog for a few years now and it still work like the day I got it. I dont have the fancy digital one but it most likley works well also. the analog is quite precise and easey to use.

tygo:

--- Quote from: dano14041 on September 15, 2010, 01:08:20 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I use one of these:  http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Materials-Plumbing-Pumps-Utility/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5Zasgg/R-100178274/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Works great.

dshepard:

--- Quote from: dano14041 on September 15, 2010, 01:08:20 PM ---Next question, on one of the other threads someone said they used a pond pump to recirculate ice/cold water through their IC. Any recommendations on what kind of pump works best for this?

--- End quote ---

This pump works great http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_792_792 Watch for sales, I think I got mine for around $30 brand new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version