Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Icemaster Max 2 Glycol Chiller Controller set up  (Read 784 times)

Offline traftas

• Cellarman
Icemaster Max 2 Glycol Chiller Controller set up
« on: January 24, 2022, 08:51:14 am »
Does anyone have detailed instructions for the Icemaster Max 2 glycol chiller on the front of the unit? There are two controllers. One just shuts off after setting. I need detailed instructions which are not included with the unit.
TRaftman😎

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
Re: Icemaster Max 2 Glycol Chiller Controller set up
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 09:29:41 am »
Look up the manual from the Australian company... I have it on my computer at home but not here.. It's way better. Unsure why it's cutting off on you, though.

Edit: The Kegland site has it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:31:16 am by allenhuerta »

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 11:12:17 am »
Look here. I can let you know about my experience with it if you have any other issues.

https://www.kegland.com.au/icemaster-g20-glycol-chiller-icebank-digital-fermenter-control-with-2-integrated-pumps.html

Offline traftas

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 07:13:45 pm »
It appears that the left front controller is malfunctioning. When I press and hold either the up on down button for 3 seconds as instructed I can change the new setting. After changing the setting the new number continues to flash but instead of just stopping flashing and remaining lit, the readout goes blank and the controller is no longer lit up. Have no idea what to do.
TRaftman😎

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 07:26:05 pm »
If you brought it from a retailer, contact them. My first unit was damaged during shipment and they made the exchange.

Offline traftas

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 10:45:10 am »
I purchased from More Beer and I have been in touch. The only thing I notice is that there are two indicator lights located on the top left corner of the digital display. On the functioning digital controller the light to the left is lit. On the non functioning digital controller the right hand light is lit while the unit is on.
TRaftman😎

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 11:24:01 am »
I got mine from MoreBeer as well. Hopefully they get you taken care of fast!

Offline traftas

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 11:28:58 am »
Turns out to be an "I'm a dummy issue" The bottom button (down arrow) if held for 3 seconds turns the controller off and on. Annoying that nowhere in the manual or instructions does it mention that. Nevertheless thrilled the problem is solved.
TRaftman😎

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 01:41:10 pm »
Ah, I didn't think of that because you said it would flash the temp and then cut off but yeah, nowhere did I find that is how you cut it off. For the first few batches I was just setting the temp at 35C so that they wouldn't run.