Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brew Guru Crash  (Read 1117 times)

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Brew Guru Crash
« on: January 29, 2022, 10:59:41 am »
I just updated the Brew Guru App via the Apple App Store and now the app crashes as soon as it opens.  Anyone else have this problem or some advise on how to fix it?  I sent a message to the developer through the App Store.  Maybe that’s all I can do???
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Brew Guru Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 11:17:23 am »
I think Brew Guru is defunct and abandoned. I am surprised you could still update it, but I'm not surprised that it crashes. I gave up on it long ago.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 11:55:44 am »
I think Brew Guru is defunct and abandoned. I am surprised you could still update it, but I'm not surprised that it crashes. I gave up on it long ago.

The update came three days ago.  So I’m sure they’re still around.  I like using the app to find deals and to get a discount at my locacal home brew store.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 01:10:08 pm »
I am using the Brew Guru app today on a phone I bought a couple weeks ago.  The phone is Android and works just fine.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline M-O-O-N That spells beer!

• Assistant Brewer
  • South Jersey
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 01:21:17 pm »
I just updated mine (IOS) and it works fine.
Na zdrowie!

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 05:51:26 am »
Brew Guru just put out another update yesterday afternoon.  Now it works great!  Apparently, the crash had something to do with the geolocation function.
Joliet, IL