Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Nukatap Counter Pressure Filler  (Read 1469 times)

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
Nukatap Counter Pressure Filler
« on: February 01, 2022, 06:54:00 am »
This just arrived yesterday. I planned to get the Tapcooler but this is made to go with my current faucets, without purchasing additional accessories, and if was a bit cheaper at the base... So I like that lol I might give it a try this weekend. I don't need to bottle beer right now but I should learn to use it before I do.. Sorry Beer Gun. You've have a good 10+ year run.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
Re: Nukatap Counter Pressure Filler
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 04:32:40 pm »
Looks just like the tapcooler.  If it works as well as the tapcooler then you'll be happy.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 05:33:39 pm »
I also gave up my Beer Gun for a tapcooler. The Tapcooler is a big improvement.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 09:18:15 am »
Looks like a lot of extra hardware. Seems like quick disconnects to go to ball locks, what are the other duo tight fittings for?

Definitely on my list to grab at some point but I just don't bottle enough to justify it at this point.

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 09:33:48 am »
@chinaski I am going to give it a shot today or tomorrow. I set it up and it looks pretty good but, let's see!

@tommymorris the Beer Gun had a great run. Zero regrets.

@Wilbur I think they are just extra. When I was playing around, I couldn't see any reason for them. Maybe I'll play on YouTube.

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 05:16:13 pm »
Have fun & don't be surprised if the pressure relief thing sticks and doesn't open as it should.  I regularly have to open up the one on my tapcooler; if I'm smart I remember to do it before I start bottling.  The gasket inside just gets sticky enough (probably during drying the unit after using it) that I have to pop the gasket free.  Not a big deal but kinda annoying.