Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: More of a forum question than a brewing question...  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
More of a forum question than a brewing question...
« on: February 03, 2022, 12:16:25 pm »
I just noticed that profile pictures/images no longer show when I'm on AHA.  Is this a setting in my own profile or is it more of a global setting?  I went to my profile and looked around and I see that I have an image on my account but it does not display in the forum nor does anyone else's.  Is it just me?  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: More of a forum question than a brewing question...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 12:36:21 pm »
I see 2 hands holding glasses toasting
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 12:40:29 pm »
I don’t see the image (two glasses). I see it on Tapatalk on the list of posts. It disappears in the actual post. On the web, I don’t see the image either.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 12:58:31 pm »
Weird.  I do not see it on this page.  I'm on a laptop and using Chrome.  When I go to my phone... no image there either.  Maybe moderators can see them but mortals can't?  Everyone knows that tommymorris and I are both mortals.  :D
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 01:14:52 pm »
I don't see avatars anymore either. 

The AHA said something about it back in October:

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=37402.msg469149#msg469149
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 02:23:40 pm »
I see mine and everyone else’s.  I’m using both a pc and an iPad.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 02:30:32 pm »
I don't see avatars anymore either. 

The AHA said something about it back in October:

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=37402.msg469149#msg469149
Ah, didn't see that.  It's weird that some of us see them and others don't.  Clearly not a priority.
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 07:04:38 pm »
I also do not see avatars in the forum. It appears to be a forum theme issue with the "Homebrewers Association 2019" default theme. If you switch to the SMF Default Curve then avatars appear correctly.

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 08:52:11 pm »
I also do not see avatars in the forum. It appears to be a forum theme issue with the "Homebrewers Association 2019" default theme. If you switch to the SMF Default Curve then avatars appear correctly.

I lost all my avatars a few months ago as well.  But thanks for this.  I changed to the SMF Default Curve and it feels good, for now.

Cheers.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 05:20:31 am »
I also lost all the avatars months ago.  I use Safari on an iPad.  I saw the post from last year, but still nothing.  Is there something I need to do to get them back?  Any idea what happened?
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 05:36:03 am »
I also lost all the avatars months ago.  I use Safari on an iPad.  I saw the post from last year, but still nothing.  Is there something I need to do to get them back?  Any idea what happened?

Same here, they disappeared completely. iPad, and desktop.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 06:11:15 am »
Thanks for this.  I found that setting (eventually) and changed it.  It definitely brings back the avatars but it makes the forum look very different.  Everything else about the forum looked and felt as it had for years but the avatars were gone.  Now the avatars are back but I feel like I'm on a new forum.  :D  I envision Denny as this "man behind the curtain" pushing buttons, laughing, drinking beer, laughing again...  :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:12:54 am by Village Taphouse »
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 08:04:20 am »
Thanks for this.  I found that setting (eventually) and changed it.  It definitely brings back the avatars but it makes the forum look very different.  Everything else about the forum looked and felt as it had for years but the avatars were gone.  Now the avatars are back but I feel like I'm on a new forum.  :D  I envision Denny as this "man behind the curtain" pushing buttons, laughing, drinking beer, laughing again...  :D

Nah, I'm just a peon in the grand scheme of things.  But I hate that yellow, orange and brown AHA theme, so I switched themes many years ago.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 09:36:54 am »

Nah, I'm just a peon in the grand scheme of things.  But I hate that yellow, orange and brown AHA theme, so I switched themes many years ago.

As Alex Karras said in Blazing Saddles,
"Mungo not know.  Mungo only pawn in game of life."
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 09:41:43 am »
Sometimes I see a post by someone and the name alone is usually enough but not always.  Checking the avatar is helpful sometimes for me to know who is posting.  There was a post by someone recently and I was trying to remember who it was but the avatar was gone and that's when I noticed that *ALL* of the avatars were gone. 
Ken from Chicago.