Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: No football thread yet?  (Read 10498 times)

Offline marty

• Cellarman
Re: No football thread yet?
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 03:00:12 pm »
I'm going to the opener for the Patriots on Sunday.  Looking forward to another year.  I was at the preseason game a couple weeks ago and wan't impressed with the defense so hopefully they can work that s%$t out.

Looks like my Red Sox are almost done for the season, so it's football from here on out.

GO PATS!!!!

did you try the Patriot Homebrew contest winner?

Offline marty

• Cellarman
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 03:01:36 pm »
How 'bout splitting this thread into "Overpaid Prima-donna Football" (NFL) and "Real Football" (NCAA)?  Although I guess the "overpaid" part might factor into real football if your Reggie Bush or any member of the UNC team :)

I enjoy both, but I like the NFL much better. College football would be fine if there were more actual games rather than 44-3 blowouts that just aren't really fun to watch. And the fact that you have to expect your team to be undefeated to actually win the "Championship" or have any respectable ranking is kind of silly. And the fact that there is no real play off, only a few sports writers opinions who should play who. And the fact that the "Nation Champion" will always really be in doubt since there is no type of playoff system.

No, college football is fine but it is no where near as slick or as fun as the NFL.

I think College football is great,   a great minor league for the NFL

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 06:22:06 am »
did you try the Patriot Homebrew contest winner?

I did during preseason.  Not bad, but I would have preferred a bit more smoke to it.  I had a hard time picking it out.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------