Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Imperial Pub A 09  (Read 624 times)

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
Imperial Pub A 09
« on: February 04, 2022, 06:01:56 am »
 I ordered the A09 Pub  yeast and it's on the way, hope it doesn't freeze. I just finished a round of  German Lagers with Wy 2206 that came out well. So with spring coming I'm ready for some Bitters. I've never tried this brand, any comments or suggestions on ferment temps?
  thanks and cheers!

One of the most flocculent brewer’s strains around, Pub will rip through fermentation and then drop out of the beer quickly. Pub produces higher levels of esters than most domestic ale strains, making it an excellent choice for when balance between malt and yeast derived esters is necessary. Be sure to give beers made with Pub a sufficient diacetyl rest.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Joshua Hughes

• 1st Kit
Re: Imperial Pub A 09
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:54:18 am »
I love Pub. I ferment in the upper 60’s for a day or so then let it rise and sit a week. It finishes quickly. Great yeast, nice fruity esters and drops clear. Starts up quick and you don’t need a starter

Online hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 08:59:52 am »
Ive used it twice. It makes a nice bitter and Mild. It has that nice marmelade flavor that i get at times in England. I pitched at 67, let it rise to 70 or a little more. It drops bright fairly quickly, not clumps of yeast like 1968 or 002, more of a past consistency.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 01:33:38 pm »
  Thanks for the replies, think I'll try it out around 66-67°. I have been checking a UK homebrew forum and some there thought it was the Fuller's strain.
They mentioned the marmalade flavor, sounds tasty. Sounds like it would be good in a Porter too.
The package says 200 billion cells so should be a straight pitch without a starter.
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln