Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New stuff to try and master  (Read 687 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
New stuff to try and master
« on: February 22, 2022, 08:09:06 am »
It was my birthday yesterday, and my lovely wife was really nice.  She bought me a 10 Gallon Gas One Kettle with the false bottom, bazooka screen and ball valve all included and a Gas One 200,000 BTU propane burner.  I am very excited as this might move me to all grain and get me started on my next step.  More stuff to learn, but if anybody who has had any experience with either of these would like to share I would really appreciate it.  I am going to do a ton of looking on YouTube to see how people use the kettle and start slow.  But I am pretty excited to have this new setup to try and get my hobby to the next level.  RR

Oh, and I forgot to mention my son gave me a gift certificate for 60 bucks to Austin Home Brew Supply to buy what I want to make next.  My next brew should be fun. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:10:38 am by redrocker652002 »

Offline rburrelli

• Assistant Brewer
Re: New stuff to try and master
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 09:56:42 am »
Happy birthday. You made out well. I would agree all-grain is in you immediate future. Perhaps try a simple kit to start with.  Good luck.
11:11 Brewing
“Brewing with Attention and Intention.”

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
Re: New stuff to try and master
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 03:09:15 pm »
Happy birthday- your family are good people.  Make them some beer!  Get yerself a brew-in-the-bag grain bag and some ingredients and you are off to the races!