Author Topic: Greetings all!!!  (Read 2395 times)

Offline berserkbrewing

• Cellarman
Greetings all!!!
« on: February 18, 2022, 06:01:27 pm »
Good evening everyone. I figured I'd take the time to properly introduce myself. My parents named me Joshua but most call me Josh. I'll be 39 this month. I believe I started home brewing about 15 years ago after my first spatan octoberfest. I hit it hard in the beginning with 30 to 50 gallons in different stages  at all times for a few years. hence the name berserk brewing. Took a break for a while and recently got the bug again when my father in law got himself a few kits for christmas and invited me to help. I currently do a different one gallon extract batch every sunday. I enjoy the process and the product that comes from it. It goes hand in hand with my other two relaxing endeavors, which are cooking and matching my kids socks. Not really the socks. I do however find it relaxing for some reason when the kids aggravate me. Being a full time single parent of 3 and 9 year old girls can get ya doing weird busy work to relax. It has to get done anyway. Back to the brewing. I mostly enjoy pale ales and experimenting with different yeasts and hops. I've enjoyed spending the past few days reading through posts on differing subjects and everyone's opinions on them.
1 gallon experimenter

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewer
Re: Greetings all!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 06:28:28 pm »
Welcome Josh.  I myself am a new brewer and trying to get myself into the hobby.  I enjoy it, but not great at it so far.  I am still learning and these guys have been a tremendous help.  Have fun and enjoy.  RR

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 06:43:00 pm »
Welcome! Get your daughters some Uggs in the winter and flip flops in the summer. No more socks. You’ll have to brew to relax.

Offline Drewch

• Brewer
  • Just this guy, you know?
    • The Malt Bug
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 07:09:49 pm »
Welcome aboard!
The Other Drew

The Malt Bug Homebrewery - brasserie, cidrerie, hydromellerie - since 2019.

Offline purduekenn

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 07:41:05 am »
Greetings! I was a single father with 2 boys that are now grown up in their 30's. Enjoy the forum!