Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Storage: The Ikea Brewery  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Storage: The Ikea Brewery
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:12:06 am »
Doing some spring cleaning and getting organized in the brewery! I saw some storage options in IKEA when I was in Chicago, and decided to upgrade from the folding table I've been using. Unfortunately, they didn't quite have enough bits to make it as large as I wanted.

Ive got some space to hang hoses to dry, on the pegboard and off to the side. Everything is consolidated, from the workshop, garage, and laundry room into a dedicated room that happens to have a washer and dryer. The drawers aren't full depth unfortunately, but they do a good job of holding a scale and a few other small bits I want on hand. Hopefully I can get the table out of there soon.

A few notes:
  • The pegboard feels like its epoxy coated, so moisture shouldn't be a problem
  • Shelf is stained with exterior stain to keep a matte finish and avoid peeling
  • Shelving is the modular Ivar system, and the pegboard is the Skadis system. They have some nice little bins for small things.
  • The drawers can have the front angled out, or vertical like a normal drawer. Not sure which one I prefer right now.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Re: Storage: The Ikea Brewery
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:58:27 am »
I love seeing how people hack IKEA furniture. Looks great!
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline imabrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 02:40:16 pm »
I love it. This gives me an idea for a piece of furniture I should modify. Don't tell my wife. lol
"They're drinkin' home brew out of a wooden cup. The folks were dancin' and got all shook up." - Chuck Berry

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 04:49:02 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 05:32:07 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See, this is why we need a "like" button here... 
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Harymol

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 03:03:24 pm »
Do you by any chance know why these images stopped loading? To be more precise, the pictures that the user BrewBama uploaded work fine without any problems, but images from user Wilbur are not loaded. And I can't figure out, is this a problem with my browser or a problem with this forum? Sorry to bring up such an old topic. I just can't understand why pictures don't work. This is not the first time this has happened, and for some reason, this phenomenon occurs precisely when I read something interesting. For example, last week, I read an article about a similar service as reupholstery.nyc, which deals with furniture restoration. The article was fascinating, but none of the 20 pictures had loaded.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 03:26:17 pm by Harymol »

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 04:20:50 pm »
Probably because they are links and the photos that the links point to are no longer there.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
  • Submarines once, Submarines Twice....
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 04:47:31 am »
The pegboard works well in a wet environment.  I installed on in my daughter's college apartment bathroom and it worked well for three years.  Still in good shape (she is using still, after she graduated.)

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 03:47:02 am »
Do you by any chance know why these images stopped loading? To be more precise, the pictures that the user BrewBama uploaded work fine without any problems, but images from user Wilbur are not loaded.

Brewbama used https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com for those images which is a smartphone application specifically designed for Forum posting (as I understand). Wilbur uploaded images to Google and you have to be logged into a google/gmail account to view them.

Some people use photobucket too, but those pictures often end up broken for some reason. I prefer not to use Google, and I'd rather not add another app (Tapatalk) to my phone.

I added to this FAQ post to show what I use. It works pretty well, you only need a web browser, there's no login/account to manage, and nothing added to your phone. Hope it helps folks post glorious homebrew imagery :).