Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Online Brew Store Startup  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Austin Ruuska

• 1st Kit
Online Brew Store Startup
« on: February 23, 2022, 05:26:08 pm »
I’m a home brewer with a bit of an online presence, and I’ve been interested in opening my own brewery for some time, but I think I’m developing an idea, I’m actually thinking of doing something with a nano brewery and LHBS. That way it’ll appeal to not only beer drinkers, but home brewers as well.

Im thinking that I could start soon by selling recipe kits of beers I design online, I can build a base while still working a full time job, and then add things to it like full on starter kits, and other equipment.

Is there anything in general I’ll need to know about selling grains, hops, and yeast online? Any particular laws? Is it possible to operate this out of my garage?

Any other tips?

Thanks everyone!
Austin Ruuska

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Re: Online Brew Store Startup
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 06:50:48 pm »
In-home businesses are subject to local code and can vary depending on your location. The local assessor's office is usually the best place to start. Before issuing a business license, they'll generally require approval from other agencies and will give you a list of those agencies.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline grabien

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 04:15:15 pm »
Good luck! I am sure you will find your way

Offline JoanMCD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 03:07:28 am »
That's a cool idea! I've dabbled in homebrewing, too. Selling brewing supplies online is doable, but there might be regulations, especially around alcohol-related products. Look into permits and licenses. Operating from your garage can work, but consider storage space and local zoning laws. Also, choose the startup bank account here businessfinanced.co.uk. Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 03:30:43 am by JoanMCD »