Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: search problems  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: search problems
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2022, 09:43:17 am »
The only way I can get any substance from it is by clicking "Search" on the left and Setting the Parameters so that I'm searching for a word or words in Topic Subjects Only.

As an example, if I do this for Calcium, I get a quick response of 21 results.

The Search function in the top right is useless, as far as I can tell.

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2022, 08:01:29 am »
The only way I can get any substance from it is by clicking "Search" on the left and Setting the Parameters so that I'm searching for a word or words in Topic Subjects Only.

Thank you for this -- that works. That said, I am concerned about the lack of attention or even response for the broken search function. This has been going on since February (or perhaps earlier, I'm going by the first post to this forum). I just wrote the governing board. Yes, a broken Forum is in their wheelhouse, per the bylaws -- not by name, but through their roles as AHA ambassadors and promoters of homebrewing education.

My membership is paid through 2025... might as well use it!
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2022, 09:30:35 am »

Thank you for this -- that works. That said, I am concerned about the lack of attention or even response for the broken search function. This has been going on since February (or perhaps earlier, I'm going by the first post to this forum). I just wrote the governing board. Yes, a broken Forum is in their wheelhouse, per the bylaws -- not by name, but through their roles as AHA ambassadors and promoters of homebrewing education.

I would also recommend you write to Julia.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022, 03:30:58 pm »

Good advice; I  just did that. I pretty much *had* to anyway because my message to the governance committee bounced with this message: "Your message to the group ahagc@brewersassociation.org couldn't be delivered. The group ahagc only accepts messages from people on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list."

The email address is on this web page, as a link to "contact the committee": https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/

K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2022, 04:04:13 pm »

Good advice; I  just did that. I pretty much *had* to anyway because my message to the governance committee bounced with this message: "Your message to the group ahagc@brewersassociation.org couldn't be delivered. The group ahagc only accepts messages from people on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list."

The email address is on this web page, as a link to "contact the committee": https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/

Did you mention that to her also?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2022, 07:50:56 am »

Yes, I did. My hunch is she and the committee have no idea the committee's mail is being rejected. (I also noted that I didn't expect a response on the weekend, but this is when I had time to send her a message.)

This all did make me wonder if any of the governing committee members use (or at least monitor) the Forum. There's no mention of Forum issues in recent meeting notes... recent meaning July, the last month the notes were posted. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/aha-governing-committee-meeting-summary-july-2022/ Interesting, there is a question: "Institute a Member Benefits subcommittee?" If there was one, surely Forum would figure in there somehow.

K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2022, 09:04:39 am »

Yes, I did. My hunch is she and the committee have no idea the committee's mail is being rejected. (I also noted that I didn't expect a response on the weekend, but this is when I had time to send her a message.)

This all did make me wonder if any of the governing committee members use (or at least monitor) the Forum. There's no mention of Forum issues in recent meeting notes... recent meaning July, the last month the notes were posted. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/aha-governing-committee-meeting-summary-july-2022/ Interesting, there is a question: "Institute a Member Benefits subcommittee?" If there was one, surely Forum would figure in there somehow.

AFAIK, I was the only GC member to do more than look at the forum ocassionally. Since I'm no longer on the GC, I don't think any of them come here or really understand the forum.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Big_Eight

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2022, 09:05:54 am »

AFAIK, I was the only GC member to do more than look at the forum ocassionally. Since I'm no longer on the GC, I don't think any of them come here or really understand the forum.
That sounds like a serious problem considering the day and age we live in.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2022, 09:08:08 am »

Keep in mind that there are more than a few non homebrewers on the GC these days, so they might not have much incentive to use the forum.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2022, 09:55:00 am »

Keep in mind that there are more than a few non homebrewers on the GC these days, so they might not have much incentive to use the forum.

I looked up 6 GC members (will do the rest later) and all of them say they homebrew. What I wonder is whether in a 37k member association the Forum is one of the benefits most members are seeking.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2022, 10:36:48 am »

I looked up 6 GC members (will do the rest later) and all of them say they homebrew. What I wonder is whether in a 37k member association the Forum is one of the benefits most members are seeking.

I wonder that myself.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2022, 04:14:24 am »

I have to ask, why would someone want to be on the Governing Committee of the American Homebrewer's Assoc if they do not home brew?
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2022, 06:38:11 am »

I have to ask, why would someone want to be on the Governing Committee of the American Homebrewer's Assoc if they do not home brew?

Were these divine appointments or were they elected? I have to ask why homebrewers would elect a non homebrewer to the AHA GC? 

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2022, 08:45:53 am »

I have the same question. I also have an answer, but I don't want to disparage individuals.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2022, 08:46:23 am »

Were these divine appointments or were they elected? I have to ask why homebrewers would elect a non homebrewer to the AHA GC?

The GC is always elected by the membership.

www.dennybrew.com