Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Yeast Pitch rates  (Read 2257 times)

Offline clibit

• Cellarman
Re: Yeast Pitch rates
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2022, 11:59:43 pm »
If you have a clean disposable plastic cup fresh out of the package and a gram scale you can measure in that and pour it into your fermenter without any sanitation concerns. Then tape the packet shut for further use.
One use plastic. A small piece of foil does the job.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 05:51:59 pm »
If you have a clean disposable plastic cup fresh out of the package and a gram scale you can measure in that and pour it into your fermenter without any sanitation concerns. Then tape the packet shut for further use.

I like the way you think. However, the plastic cup can be used many, many times over. Hops. sanitizer. Drinking. Doesn't have to be "one use". Just sayin'.

Offline clibit

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2022, 05:43:23 pm »

I like the way you think. However, the plastic cup can be used many, many times over. Hops. sanitizer. Drinking. Doesn't have to be "one use". Just sayin'.
Oh yeah sure. I just wouldn't buy plastic cups in the first place tbh. It's bringing yet more plastic into the world. I think we need to eradicate as much as possible.