Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 3D printing  (Read 1708 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
3D printing
« on: March 08, 2022, 05:17:14 pm »
We got my son a 3D printer for Christmas, and of course I've been using it as much as he has. Anyone else have one? I'm interested to see if anyone else has printed some cool stuff, beer-related or not.

My most recent prints have been trying to get some tap handles that will fit in the constraints of my 3 tap tower. The outer two have a slot to slide some paper or a business card with a beer description. I haven't found a good one that I can fit between them yet, thus the generic "IPA" tap for now.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: 3D printing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 05:19:53 pm »
This is a handle for a tall boy can. It feels a little wiggly while holding it, but no accidents so far. I think the 12 oz can version probably feels a bit more stable.
Eric B.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 06:53:22 am »
Very cool. I haven’t looked into 3D printers. When you are making things like this are they your design or do you download some plans?
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 10:37:09 am »
Very cool. I haven’t looked into 3D printers. When you are making things like this are they your design or do you download some plans?
There are a whole lot of designs on sites like http://thingiverse.com that are available for free download. The 3d printing community is pretty open with sharing their designs.
Eric B.