Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: hop valley bubble stash  (Read 733 times)

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
hop valley bubble stash
« on: May 21, 2022, 08:57:30 pm »
uh so i grabbed this because it was on sale and it prominently said cryo hops, which i thought would be neat to try to taste, since i havent brewed with them yet, though intend to.

lol, this is absolute s***. i would say the hop aroma (predictable generic C-hopness) is very clean and clear without the tannin-burn i normally get from even WC IPAs, but it has a definite sour note to it, and extremely weak malt.

why the hell is this sour? it is definitely sour. just googled it and realized its a molson-coors product, but still. it is distinctly sour and that just jumps in front of anything else.

"high drinkability", bland as hell. heh funny enough too the website says ingredients are 2row, crystal and carafoam. yet ingredients on the side say wheat and barley malt.

i hate commercial beers so much.

lol this was the founder of hop valley. look at him, i want to pull out the phrenology craniometre when i see him.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 09:00:12 pm by fredthecat »

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Re: hop valley bubble stash
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:26 am »
I have had a few of their beers, cannot remember which ones, and I was less than impressed. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 08:32:23 am »
They are from here in Eugene. I won't drink their stuff.  Not any better than any of the myriad other choices here, and owned by MillerCoors.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:53 am »
i mean im guessing its a big no, but the strange sourness. nothing to do with cryohops, right?

i was intending to use them in one of the next brews i do.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 10:55:56 am »
i mean im guessing its a big no, but the strange sourness. nothing to do with cryohops, right?

i was intending to use them in one of the next brews i do.

BIG no. Ive used cryo since before it was commercially available and never gotten sourness from it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell