Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: My latest attempt  (Read 2513 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Re: My latest attempt
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2022, 10:41:06 pm »
I usually put my dry hops in a sack, but if I don't have a lot I leave them loose. A cold crash to 32-26 F for 48 hours will drop yeast and hops into a dense layer at the bottom of my fermenter and they stay there while I empty the beer out of the spigot. I have never had a spigot or bottling wand plug with hops.

Good to know.  I might try that.  I need to figure out where I can get something to bring me down to that temp though.  I don't think my wife will let me remove everything from the freezer.  LOL. 

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2022, 01:52:49 am »
My plans have been somewhat derailed.  I was going to try the cold crash idea starting Thursday and bottle Saturday, but I have picked up overtime at work and won't have any time off until Saturday.  Is it going to harm the beer if it stays in the sealed fermenter until next Wednesday when I can cold crash it for 48 hours and bottle?  I brewed it last Saturday, and was going to dry hop it tomorrow for a couple of days.  Now, it seems it is going to be a bit longer.  Or, do I just try and bottle it Saturday without any kind of cold crash?  Thoughts or comments are appreciated. 

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
My latest attempt
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2022, 04:01:46 am »
It’s not optimum but sometimes you gotta work around life.  A brewing hobby is definitely a first world problem and we thank the stars if that’s our biggest concern. Do what you gotta do and get back to the beer when you can.

Just bottle it when you get some time.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:05:40 am by BrewBama »

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2022, 08:57:42 am »
It’s not optimum but sometimes you gotta work around life.  A brewing hobby is definitely a first world problem and we thank the stars if that’s our biggest concern. Do what you gotta do and get back to the beer when you can.

Just bottle it when you get some time.

Very true, I am very lucky that, for the time being, this is really all I have to worry about  LOL.  Thanks, I am going to see how things go Saturday.  Maybe I can put the bucket in a tub of ice water Saturday and bottle Sunday.  We shall see.  Thanks and have a great day.