Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing 147 - Hair of the Dog  (Read 786 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Experimental Brewing 147 - Hair of the Dog
« on: February 27, 2022, 12:41:24 pm »
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-147-hair-dog

Lots of closure news this week but not all of it bad. We sit down with one of our favorite brewers, Alan Sprints, about his retirement plans and what's changed over the years in the brewing world.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
Re: Experimental Brewing 147 - Hair of the Dog
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 03:17:38 pm »
I'll have to give this a listen soon. I hope I can get out there when I move back to the PNW in a couple of months. Making a trip down to PDX the first weekend I'm back. Trying to make it back before they shut down.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline BrewNerd

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 12:33:52 pm »
Difficult for me to enjoy the episode due to the number of sponsor breaks. Not going to begrudge someone getting paid for their time and effort but it seemed a bit much.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 01:29:37 pm »
Difficult for me to enjoy the episode due to the number of sponsor breaks. Not going to begrudge someone getting paid for their time and effort but it seemed a bit much.

8 sponsors in 4 breaks over 90 minutes. Less than TV. Sorry that's too much for you.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 01:52:14 pm »
I enjoy all of the podcasts  :)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 02:13:05 pm »
I enjoy all of the podcasts  :)

Thanks!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 11:55:06 am »
I just listened this last week and it was one of my favorites.  Partially because I had the opportunity to visit HOTD years ago and enjoy their beers, but more importantly it was another look into how much work it is to run a brewery and even harder when you add a kitchen.  COVID's impact on employment has made it even harder. 

Thanks for the enjoyable episode.