Author Topic: Mission of the AHA (Bylaws Question)?  (Read 183 times)

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
Mission of the AHA (Bylaws Question)?
« on: March 26, 2022, 03:06:05 pm »
Section 1 of the Bylaws states, "Members of the Governing Committee are expected to uphold the goals/mission of the Governing Committee as follows..." and the sixth bullet underneath that statement is "To support the AHA’s mission statement."

I have two questions. First, where can I find AHA's mission statement? I have poked around but could not find it.

Second, what is the "mission of the Governing Committee"? Is that the same as its "General Purpose": "The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Governing Committee shall recommend activities, programs, or courses of action for the AHA"? Or is it comprised of the six bulleted items, starting with "To promote the art and science of homebrewing..."?

Third -- not a question, just a compliment: thank you to whoever is ensuring that the notes from the GC meetings are being regularly posted.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Mission of the AHA (Bylaws Question)?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 05:45:19 pm »

Third -- not a question, just a compliment: thank you to whoever is ensuring that the notes from the GC meetings are being regularly posted.

Hats off to Goose!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 07:47:24 am »

Hats off to Goose!

Indeed!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 11:56:28 am »
Section 1 of the Bylaws states, "Members of the Governing Committee are expected to uphold the goals/mission of the Governing Committee as follows..." and the sixth bullet underneath that statement is "To support the AHA’s mission statement."

I have two questions. First, where can I find AHA's mission statement? I have poked around but could not find it.

Second, what is the "mission of the Governing Committee"? Is that the same as its "General Purpose": "The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Governing Committee shall recommend activities, programs, or courses of action for the AHA"? Or is it comprised of the six bulleted items, starting with "To promote the art and science of homebrewing..."?

Just checking -- would love a response to my two questions.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member