Author Topic: Using edibles (THC Gummies) in beer recipe  (Read 807 times)

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Using edibles (THC Gummies) in beer recipe
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2022, 09:27:18 am »
Another thing to keep in mind.  If you put THC products in a beer and try to enter it in a competition, you need to check the rules as some competitions will not allow beers with these products in them.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified
AHA Governing Committee Member

Offline HopDen

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2022, 11:03:57 am »
Another thing to keep in mind.  If you put THC products in a beer and try to enter it in a competition, you need to check the rules as some competitions will not allow beers with these products in them.

Thanks for posting that Goose.

Off topic but I never had the desire to enter my beers into a competition. I guess I am happy with the feed back I receive from friends and family and of course myself.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2022, 04:51:33 pm »
Are you sure you want butter in your beer?

Those gummies are made with a THC-infused fat source whether it's oil or butter. I've seen several of the "butter" products are coconut oil-based which have kind of a soft butter consistency. The amount of fat source that would go into a batch of beer, unless he intends to get incredibly high, would be so small as to not have much of any effect. If weird about animal fat in the beer there are vegan products out there.

I have no interest in making THC beers so I'll leave it up to those that do to decide how they get the fun added to their beers.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 06:58:59 am »
THC can be extracted using an alcohol tincture, ice, or CO2 (dry ice) which would eliminate the fat. Ice or CO2 extraction would render pollen glands (powder).  The tincture could have the alcohol evaporated or distilled off resulting in a thick liquid.  Hops have very similar processes resulting in lupulin powder or a hop shot.