Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How would a brewing scientist design a homebrew system to produce pro-quality beer  (Read 1130 times)

Offline lupulus

• Brewer
  • Think like a proton, stay positive!
If you ever wondered what's important if you wish to produce professional- quality beer, here's a presentation that provides many details.

https://www.asbcnet.org/events/archives/2017ASBCMeeting/proceedings/2017Proceedings/22_Biering.pdf

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”  Neil deGrasse Tyson

narvin

This is quite cool, thanks for sharing.  Would love to have this to brew lagers.  At the same time, I feel like I have to say that "pro-quality" can mean many different things.  One of my favorite beers on a visit to Belgium was brewed on this:

Offline MDL

• Assistant Brewer
I remember seeing those fermentation tubes at the VLB! They have a pretty amazing pilot brewery there too. Don’t remember the volume but it might have been around 100L?

Offline RC

• Brewmaster
If you ever wondered what's important if you wish to produce professional- quality beer, here's a presentation that provides many details.

https://www.asbcnet.org/events/archives/2017ASBCMeeting/proceedings/2017Proceedings/22_Biering.pdf

Because we non-LODO homebrewers don't produce pro-quality beer? Are we that bad? Thank you for showing us the way, lupulus. I had no idea how amateurish my beers were until this post.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:47:49 pm by RC »

Offline lupulus

• Brewer

Because we non-LODO homebrewers don't produce pro-quality beer? Are we that bad? Thank you for showing us the way, lupulus. I had no idea how amateurish my beers were until this post.

#1. There's no posting mandate. You can skip what you don't like or agree with.

#2. I am sharing information from VLB. I didn't create nor edited the material. If you wish to share your expertise and scientific disagreements, you can contact the authors directly.

#3. If you wish to share material scientifically refuting this information, I will welcome it, read it, and if it's an improvement, I will use it.

#4. I am not a LODO brewer, only a make the best beer possible brewer.
It's not a religion.

#5. If you can refrain from posting in my threads in the future, I will be grateful.

Have a great day!

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”  Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
Brewing scientists have been designing systems for well over 100 years. Do you think they were all rubes groping in the dark?
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline RC

• Brewmaster

#2. I am sharing information from VLB. I didn't create nor edited the material. If you wish to share your expertise and scientific disagreements, you can contact the authors directly.

#3. If you wish to share material scientifically refuting this information, I will welcome it, read it, and if it's an improvement, I will use it.

It's not a religion.

#5. If you can refrain from posting in my threads in the future, I will be grateful.

All of this notwithstanding, may I suggest that you re-visit the phrasing of your question? Are you the arbiter of "professional quality" when it comes to beer?

Edit: your point #1 applies to you, too
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:42:11 pm by RC »

Offline lupulus

• Brewer

It's not a religion.

All of this notwithstanding, may I suggest that you re-visit the phrasing of your question? Are you the arbiter of "professional quality" when it comes to beer?

Edit: your point #1 applies to you, too
Not biting.
Just blocking you.
Have a happy life!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Hey y'all, let's try to get along. We are all striving for the same thing: to make great beer. There are no enemies here.