Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: password reset endless loop  (Read 786 times)

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
password reset endless loop
« on: September 03, 2022, 01:07:32 pm »
I tried logging into homebrewersassociation.org to renew my membership but my username and password was not accepted. Assuming I may have entered the wrong password (which I didn't) I clicked the forgot your password link. That took me to a page asking to enter my email where An email will be sent to that address with further instructions on how to reset your password.

Checked email and clicked the link provided. That took me to a page that says let's get you set up with a new password.

Clicked that link and... I get sent back to the previous page that asks me to enter my email again where An email will be sent to that address with further instructions on how to reset your password.

What gives??
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:27:43 pm by duncan »
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Re: password reset endless loop
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 04:39:44 pm »
Had the same problem and, after reading the email from AHA, discovered that your username for the Web Site is now the email address they have on file for you, even though the forums still use your old one.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 04:54:01 pm »
Had the same problem and, after reading the email from AHA, discovered that your username for the Web Site is now the email address they have on file for you, even though the forums still use your old one.

My username for the website has always been my email.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 03:27:17 pm »
Hi Kevin-

I think you are in that other thread where I posted a response about getting in touch with our Membership Team to square this away. I am locking out this thread since we already have two active threads on the same topic (here is a link to the second)

Reminder of the Membership Team contact info:
Email: info@brewersassociation.org
Phone: 1.303.447.0816 ext. 2
Toll Free: 1.888.822.6273 ext. 2

Cheers,
Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association