Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anvil Foundry Pump Recirculating to Chill Wort  (Read 815 times)

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
Anvil Foundry Pump Recirculating to Chill Wort
« on: April 12, 2022, 05:17:08 pm »
Brewed a Cream Ale today and used the Anvil Pump to recirculate 6 gallons of wort while chilling. This is my 3rd brew using the Foundry and the first time recirculating to chill.  Got wort chilled down to 60F in 15 minutes after flameout hops were steeped at 170F . Ground water temp was at 56F. Chilling was 5 minutes faster than not recirculating. 

Offline pinetree

• 1st Kit
Re: Anvil Foundry Pump Recirculating to Chill Wort
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 03:55:51 pm »
Dang! Why didn't I think of that!  :)

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 06:38:22 am »
Recirculating helped but I purchased a Jaded Scylla https://jadedbrewing.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-scylla-designed-for-use-in-all-in-one-brewing-systems it chills the wort very fast and is simpler than recirculating. My ground water is at 66F now and the Jaded Scylla chilled the wort to 66F in about 8 minutes. I'm lucky that I have good water pressure in my brew barn with the water hydrant. Another advantage of the Scylla is you have a larger house that will chill faster than the tiny plastic hoses on the cheaper chillers.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 02:11:26 pm »
Recirculating helped but I purchased a Jaded Scylla https://jadedbrewing.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-scylla-designed-for-use-in-all-in-one-brewing-systems it chills the wort very fast and is simpler than recirculating. My ground water is at 66F now and the Jaded Scylla chilled the wort to 66F in about 8 minutes. I'm lucky that I have good water pressure in my brew barn with the water hydrant. Another advantage of the Scylla is you have a larger house that will chill faster than the tiny plastic hoses on the cheaper chillers.

+1 on the Scylla from Jaded, as well as the All in One Tri coil from CuSS Brewing Equipment.  If you swirl these guys, you won't need to recirc.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"