Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Outdoor BBQ area  (Read 384 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Outdoor BBQ area
« on: July 06, 2023, 04:02:04 am »
Not sure if this goes here or not, but what the heck. Here we are at 0300hrs and I am at work with not much going on. Got to thinking, I have a cool little area in my backyard where my current BBQ sits with a capped water line near it. How cool would it be to make a little BBQ area with a built in grill, smoker, bar (or at least a way to serve cold beer) and a fridge or something to keep stuff cool. Being a DIY fan, I am looking to see if any of you all have cool designs you did in your backyard and what the cost and time was doing it? I have the tools to do it. I also have the desire. Sometimes the skill set lacks a bit, but what the heck. I am looking to see what you all have and any plans or drawings for it.

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Outdoor BBQ area
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 06:49:55 am »
We are currently converting a shed in our backyard to a bar/hangout.  I have no experience doing any of this type of work, but after waiting 2 years for a contractor who always promised he would be there "next week", we said the heck with it and decided to do it ourselves.  So, while there won't be any "mitering" or "routing" going on, there will be a bar, a TV, a frig, a dart board, hanging lights etc.  The shed is just off our backyard patio by the grill, fire-pit and chill-out furniture, and the hope is to complete an outdoor escape.  Mistakes are certainly being made but I am having a good time shooting things with the brad-nailer.  Hope to have this all done by Labor Day.  (Well...the landscaping will be done next year).

The inspiration came from this old thread...

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=35224.msg443602#msg443602

Good luck with your project!

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 08:58:42 am »
We are currently converting a shed in our backyard to a bar/hangout.  I have no experience doing any of this type of work, but after waiting 2 years for a contractor who always promised he would be there "next week", we said the heck with it and decided to do it ourselves.  So, while there won't be any "mitering" or "routing" going on, there will be a bar, a TV, a frig, a dart board, hanging lights etc.  The shed is just off our backyard patio by the grill, fire-pit and chill-out furniture, and the hope is to complete an outdoor escape.  Mistakes are certainly being made but I am having a good time shooting things with the brad-nailer.  Hope to have this all done by Labor Day.  (Well...the landscaping will be done next year).

The inspiration came from this old thread...

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=35224.msg443602#msg443602

Good luck with your project!

NICE!!!!!!   You got me thinking now.  I wonder if I can get that past my wife.  Might give it a go.  LOL

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 11:45:24 am »
That Drunken Crab is pretty awesome. And it's good evidence that you don't need a huge footprint to make something really fun & cool.
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society and the League of Drews.