Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: London Brewers Alliance  (Read 2062 times)

Offline anthayes

• 1st Kit
    • HayesenBrau
London Brewers Alliance
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:30:41 pm »
London brewing is finding its feet again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggCEQoLnAs

About time too.

Ant Hayes
Tonbridge, Kent
Soek jy die oerkroeg se bier

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
Re: London Brewers Alliance
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:08:17 am »
It's so good to see the city one grew up in remind the world that good beer is made there.  Even though I no longer live in London (I left about a decade ago), London Pride and ESB remain comfort beers that I go back to time and time again.
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »
Very interesting! Also shocking to see Young's Brewery gutted and basically brewing on a homebrew scale. If they are actually brewing.

I'd love to be in London right now. Sadly, when I spent my various times there I was a wee lad.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 02:03:19 pm »
Very interesting! Also shocking to see Young's Brewery gutted and basically brewing on a homebrew scale. If they are actually brewing.

I'd love to be in London right now. Sadly, when I spent my various times there I was a wee lad.

I had heard the Ram Brewery was setting, empty, awaiting the developers.  The economic crisis put that on hold due to lack of funding.  Glad to see some brewing is going on, even on a small cobbled together system.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!