Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Sierra Nevada
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2022, 12:46:37 pm »
hopfenundmalz -

PM sent.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2022, 03:28:10 pm »
My experience with these clone recipes for PAs or IPAs is to increase the amount of hops by 50% or so. My theory is that commercial brewers have access to fresher hops than we homebrewers have. Once I started jacking up the hops I became way happy with my hoppier beers.

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2022, 04:50:56 pm »
My experience with these clone recipes for PAs or IPAs is to increase the amount of hops by 50% or so. My theory is that commercial brewers have access to fresher hops than we homebrewers have. Once I started jacking up the hops I became way happy with my hoppier beers.

Good info, thanks.  I have a couple of others I am going to try, but this one is on my list. 

Offline rtstrider

• 1st Kit
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2022, 01:21:11 pm »
I've brewed the clone and as others said it's not even in the ballpark. Now a Cascade/Briess 2 row smash with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale yeast fermented around 67F is really good!

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2022, 10:06:42 pm »
I've brewed the clone and as others said it's not even in the ballpark. Now a Cascade/Briess 2 row smash with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale yeast fermented around 67F is really good!

Good to know.  I am hoping to have a crop of Cascade in the near future.  How much 2 row and cascade and when did you add?  Any info would be awesome as I can put it on my list of tries   

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2022, 08:31:07 am »

Good to know.  I am hoping to have a crop of Cascade in the near future.  How much 2 row and cascade and when did you add?  Any info would be awesome as I can put it on my list of tries

Go find a recipe,called Nearly Nirvana.  It was a Big Brew recipe years ago.  As close to SNPA as you can get in homebrew.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2022, 05:20:52 pm »

Thanks Denny. 

Go find a recipe,called Nearly Nirvana.  It was a Big Brew recipe years ago.  As close to SNPA as you can get in homebrew.

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 05:23:18 pm »
https://www.realbeer.com/news/articles/news-000767.php

https://web.archive.org/web/20101212112952/beerdujour.com/Recipes/ChrisFrey/Nearly_Nirvana_-_the_Original_Big_Brew_2000_Recipe.html

Does AHA still have the recipes from all the prior big beer days (and learn to brew days)?  Are they at the web site and I didn't see them?

Perfect.   Thank you sir.  I am going to try this one soo as I am wanting to expand my brews from just IPAs