Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A year in Indiana  (Read 815 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
A year in Indiana
« on: May 17, 2022, 01:48:04 pm »
A year ago today we closed on our Fort Wayne house. This last year has been the best year we've had in a long time.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: A year in Indiana
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 01:59:39 pm »
Congrats, buddy!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 03:03:35 pm »
Being a desert rat, neither the PNW nor Midwest appeals to me, but I'd choose Indiana just for the pork tenderloin sammiches :)
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 09:27:22 pm »
Being a desert rat, neither the PNW nor Midwest appeals to me, but I'd choose Indiana just for the pork tenderloin sammiches :)
I grew up near South Bend, and Breaded Pork Tenderloins were/are scarce. Only a little south those are plentiful. We get those when i go to see my brother in Indy. Hunnington IN is said to be the birthplace  of BPTSandwiches.

Steve, glad you settled in and found home.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47:10 pm »
I grew up near South Bend, and Breaded Pork Tenderloins were/are scarce. Only a little south those are plentiful. We get those when i go to see my brother in Indy. Hunnington IN is said to be the birthplace of BPTSandwiches.

Used to go to Lebanon every year for an annual sales meeting. The sammiches were the highlight of the trip. Particularly a little cafe where the meat was about twice as big as the bun. Good eating there Maynard!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 01:56:22 pm by dbeechum »
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 09:48:33 am »
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 09:51:50 am »
After living in Lake Havasu City for over eight years and Fallon for two I decided I'd had enough "dry heat" to last me a life time.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 08:29:55 am »
Just saw a list of the 12 friendliest states with Indiana coming in at number ten.
And Fort Wayne is number five on most affordable cities. And number 48 on best places to live. Both from U S News.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 08:31:43 am by Steve Ruch »
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 09:05:57 am »
I grew up near South Bend, and Breaded Pork Tenderloins were/are scarce. Only a little south those are plentiful. We get those when i go to see my brother in Indy. Hunnington IN is said to be the birthplace  of BPTSandwiches.

Steve, glad you settled in and found home.

Also extremely common in Peoria, IL for some reason. Bloomington might have them (Schooners), but I haven't seen them in Champaign.