Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anyone in North Alabama wanna help me open a brewpub?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Anyone in North Alabama wanna help me open a brewpub?
« on: May 19, 2022, 04:58:45 am »
I now own a 3.5bbl brewhouse, two 7bbl FVs, a small glycol unit and a chiller and a pump.

I'm probably gonna sell it but it sure is tempting to start over from scratch on my own place!  :)

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Anyone in North Alabama wanna help me open a brewpub?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 06:16:04 am »
Man, if my domestic circumstances were different I’d be on that business opportunity like a chicken on a June bug. I go to local spots and see the overwhelming interest for a destination venue out here.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 06:56:51 am »
Man, if my domestic circumstances were different I’d be on that business opportunity like a chicken on a June bug. I go to local spots and see the overwhelming interest for a destination venue out here.

I understand that. If you know anyone who is interested get them in contact with me. Lots of new construction going up right on 72 just on the other side of Chapman Mountain.

I have offers for the equipment so I am also considering selling it.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 08:27:46 am »
I now own a 3.5bbl brewhouse, two 7bbl FVs, a small glycol unit and a chiller and a pump.

I'm probably gonna sell it but it sure is tempting to start over from scratch on my own place!  :)

I knew you were crazy.  Sounds like a nice homebrew setup.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 09:44:32 am »

What does help mean?

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 10:31:04 am »

What does help mean?
Provide all financing, clean up after Keith brews, fetch beers for Keith.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 10:43:32 am »

What does help mean?
Tempting :)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 12:21:23 pm »

What does help mean?
THIS lol

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 12:23:14 pm »

Nah you can make a pub scene work with a 3.5 bbl brewhouse. You have to get the food right, obviously. Remember: I started a brewery from scratch with worse equipment than this. That brewery now has multiple 60 bbl tanks and delivers beer across the SE. ;)

narvin

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 01:03:30 pm »
I read this as "Anyone in North AMERICA" and thought, wow he really can't stay out of the game!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 01:45:30 pm »

Nah you can make a pub scene work with a 3.5 bbl brewhouse. You have to get the food right, obviously. Remember: I started a brewery from scratch with worse equipment than this. That brewery now has multiple 60 bbl tanks and delivers beer across the SE. ;)
  I don't doubt you've got the smarts and experience to make it work. But I still think you're crazy.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 08:04:18 pm »

I don't doubt you've got the smarts and experience to make it work. But I still think you're crazy.

FWIW I'll probably just end up selling this equipment and make a 10K profit instead. Is that a little more sane?  ;)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 07:54:46 am »

FWIW I'll probably just end up selling this equipment and make a 10K profit instead. Is that a little more sane?  ;)

Not only sane, but smart!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 08:40:22 am »

Ever consider moving west? We surely do need a brewery in this town, and I just happen to have a large, vacant commercial building right on one of the busiest streets in the state :D.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 10:15:27 am »

Ever consider moving west? We surely do need a brewery in this town, and I just happen to have a large, vacant commercial building right on one of the busiest streets in the state :D.

No but I could certainly get you a really good price on some lightly used equipment. ;)