Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hop Candy at NHC  (Read 6816 times)

Offline b-hoppy

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Hop Candy at NHC
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 11:43:34 pm »
thanks for the feedback - good AND constructive.  i've learned some tricks to dealing with constructive criticism being that i'm so close to West Virginia and happen to live amongst Browns fans.  wild, wonderful West Virginia, don't knock it 'till you've been there.  here's the deal with the candy.  i started playing around with it about 10 yrs ago and found that there's a fine line between too much flavor and sickening sweet, slightly hoppy flavor.  after dialing in, what i and a few others considered to be the right mix, it was subject to criticism off and on for the next, maybe 7 or so years out at the OBF and locally amongst homebrewers, craft beer retailers, breweries and such.  the candy i hope to be offering has had a rather large majority of "i'd buy that" votes and now i've decided to take the plunge.  i'm working with very limited means (my savings) and hope to test the waters here shortly and know that it's not for everyone.  what did Captain Kangaroo used to say - you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool MOM! (or something like that).  if things work out i would seriously like to be able to offer a 'light' version or something similar, and a whole other bunch of ideas that have drifted in and out of my head over the years.  if it works, great.  if it doesn't, well you can't say i didn't try.  in the mean time, go have another beer and give me a couple weeks to find some bags to pack this stuff up in.  thanks for the help.
bob

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 10:29:52 am »
Bob, I applaud your creativity and the willingness to look at feedback constructively.  I'm looking forward to trying your latest recipe!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline b-hoppy

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 08:12:28 pm »
that's what homebrewing is all about - isn't it?   have a beer and we'll work on it.  thanks

b