Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing 153  (Read 521 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Experimental Brewing 153
« on: May 27, 2022, 02:39:18 pm »
Just listened and enjoyable as usual. I really liked the discussions about the beers brewed with the Crisp heritage malts. Once I get the check for my article in the current issue I plan to get some chevelier malt to use in my 1800s porter replica. I found a supplier for that, but not for the plumage archer.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Experimental Brewing 153
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 09:27:47 pm »
Just listened and enjoyable as usual. I really liked the discussions about the beers brewed with the Crisp heritage malts. Once I get the check for my article in the current issue I plan to get some chevelier malt to use in my 1800s porter replica. I found a supplier for that, but not for the plumage archer.

was that the most recent one? yeh i enjoyed it, i am a malt guy. the crisp heritage malts sounded good, a takeaway i got from it was

>depth of flavour from single heritage malt (can't remember which) - person believed it was several malts
>made me think of finally trying the weyermann floor malted bo pils - crisp people seemed big on the floor malting bit

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Experimental Brewing 153
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 07:45:21 am »

was that the most recent one? yeh i enjoyed it, i am a malt guy. the crisp heritage malts sounded good, a takeaway i got from it was

>depth of flavour from single heritage malt (can't remember which) - person believed it was several malts
Chevelier malt.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women