Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Draft Beer Prices  (Read 1479 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Draft Beer Prices
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 06:28:58 am »
I just found it odd to be at a brewpub and we ordered a somewhat expensive small (yet delicious) pizza and a single beer and the price was $27. In reviewing the bill the beer was $8.50. Before we got there we went to a tap room and had two full pints and a single half pint and the total tab with tax was $16. That's what I would expect at the source for a draft.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2022, 10:23:28 am »
beer prices have gone up like so many other things, and like so many other things, the value just isnt there for me anymore so I rarely buy it.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2022, 03:08:57 pm »
beer prices have gone up like so many other things, and like so many other things, the value just isnt there for me anymore so I rarely buy it.

i feel like there is a logic gap in general in the west that goes "okay, this item/service is not making enough profit for us, let's raise prices."

for example my city's public transport (just buses) system. they "can't afford" to expand the routes, and kept raising ticket prices because of insufficient ridership. i see virtually empty buses constantly, cant remember seeing a remotely full bus.

5 passengers per hour/bus at $3 per ticket is worse than 10 passengers per hour/bus at $2 per ticket if you get what im saying.

I see a lot of empty buses and i see a lot of empty bars outside of peak fri/sat night times.