Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: hot cube  (Read 659 times)

Offline aaspinall

• Cellarman
hot cube
« on: June 08, 2022, 03:03:13 pm »
I did my first no chill brewing technique using a 5 gallon HDPE container I got from Amazon. It worked but the container is very flimsy and warped when I tried pushing the air out. I've seen what looks like a nice sturdy container, online, put out by Kegland in Australia. Does anyone know where I could get that same product here in the US. I'm having no success via the internet.
Thanks,
Art

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: hot cube
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 10:25:33 am »
Williams Brewing sells KegLand products. Maybe you could ask them to order you one or just encourage them to carry the product.

Do you have a link to it? I am curious.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 11:03:01 am »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 09:32:39 am »
I've started doing no-chill with all my batches. All I do is take my kettle off the heat, seal around the lid with plastic wrap and pit it in the cellar. My last couple of batches have been a pilsner and a black IPA; both turned out great.
I'll be bottling an ESB in a couple of days that tasted pretty good in the gravity sample.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline ScallyWag

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 02:28:30 pm »
I realize it's not the same as what you're looking for, but MoreBeer carries 5-gallon 'Hot Fill Bags' that are triple-ply and heat resistant, presumably to fill the same purpose as a hot cube (though not rigid, obviously).

A pack of 10 is $18.  I bought a 10-pack because it seemed like something that could come in handy someday for unanticipated reasons, and at that price if I never use it I won't care.  (Also, they take up almost zero space.)
https://www.morebeer.com/products/hot-fill-bags-pack-10.html