Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Witty Dutchman Recipe  (Read 1859 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Witty Dutchman Recipe
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 02:54:03 pm »
I would be highly interested in how a 5 gallon batch with 5 oz. of coriander turns out. Note that I would never try this myself - think 2 oz. would be my ceiling.

I usually keep it in the. 5-1 oz. range
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline KilroyWasHere

• 1st Kit
  • Lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 05:00:58 pm »
In the end I decided to go with 1.2 oz coriander. I was going to use 1.5 but I ran out :) . The beer came out pale yellow with a thick white head. Just about 5% ABV. Very soft and round with a lemony and mild spice flavor. Nice finish, not sweet and not bitter. If I did this again I would probably cut back on the coriander even though I think it is a very good beer. Thanks to everyone that left comments and suggestions. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 05:10:10 pm by Kevin Albert »
Beer! No great story ever starts with someone eating a salad.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy to sustain him through temporary periods of joy.

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 05:35:07 pm »
Thanks for keeping us posted! Very informative and most helpful, at least to me.