Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: This is pretty cool  (Read 782 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
This is pretty cool
« on: June 17, 2022, 10:43:13 am »
I just signed up on another forum, I figure it doesn't hurt to get more opinions.  During a thread, I mentioned a refractometer and somebody pointed me towards this little piece of hardware to measure both temp and gravity.  Anybody ever use this? 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803452489964.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

I just did a quick look, and it seems to me it is a pretty cool little device.  I guess it drops into your fermenter and measures the temp and the gravity during the fermenting and sends the data to your smart phone via an app. 

But being a bit older, I know all does not usually appear as it is.  So I look to you all to see what you think.  For 60 bucks it might be worth a go.  LOL.

Thoughts? 

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: This is pretty cool
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 12:29:56 pm »
That is the KegLand version of the Tilt, essentially.  I like using my Tilts for monitoring progress, generally, and final stable gravity, but I don't rely on the reported gravity as being entirely accurate, due to gunk on the tube or inaccurate calibration.  All considered, they are worth it to me.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 05:24:25 am »
Nice.  I just bought something similar called and Ispindel.  I am still learning it, but it seems like a pretty neat way to keep track of fermentation without having to draw a sample from the bucket.  I am going to give it a try and see what happens.  Something new to learn.  LOL. 

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 10:30:20 am »
Hey cool! Better price than the Tilt. I like my Tilt but agree that is is for rough measurements. It's a great tool to know when to add dry hops or fruit or spunding if you are trying to time its before fermentation is finished.