Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Omega German Lager 1...  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Re: Omega German Lager 1...
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 07:45:24 am »
I can't remember if Omega's date is a "use by" or a "produced on" but I do plan to use both packs.  She said, "I'm giving you two for one because the date is April" and I said, "Oh nice.  Selling me expired yeast!" :D and she said, "Well, no.  Not expired".  Whatever.  Both packs it is. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2022, 08:41:06 am »
Dave - thanks for the link.  Reliable group there, for sure.

Ken - I am pretty sure that the date on the Omega Yeast packaging is the date of the actual packaging and it is good for at least 5 months from that date.  But, it never hurts to make a starter...especially with lagers.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 10:21:27 am »
Thanks for the invite, Leos!  If I can work it out to be coming through Eau Claire during your business hours, I will look to stop in for a quick visit.  If not, I will try to pick up your beer at Woodmans.  I have made a few kegs for a wedding on the weekend of the 17th of September that I will be bringing with me. 
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 05:06:34 pm »
Thanks for the invite, Leos!  If I can work it out to be coming through Eau Claire during your business hours, I will look to stop in for a quick visit.  If not, I will try to pick up your beer at Woodmans.  I have made a few kegs for a wedding on the weekend of the 17th of September that I will be bringing with me.
Let me know. It is always nice to meet fellow brewer.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 04:41:17 pm »
Guys, thanks for all the replies.  On Friday 8/5 I made an SNS starter with two packs of this Omega German Lager 1.  The starter sat kind of 'lifeless' through Saturday and I planned to brew today.  When I woke up today the starter was really rocking so the timing seemed good.  I made a sort of helles/landbier today... 97.5% Pilsner and 2.5% Copper Malt and then 23 IBUs of Spalt Select at the start of the boil.  I pitched the yeast while the transfer was going and about an hour after I put the fermenter in the fridge I went back and gave it a swirl and had all kinds of bubbles which is a great sign.  looking forward to this one.  Cheers Beerheads. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.