Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chattanooga Chattaholligan Kölsch  (Read 901 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Chattanooga Chattaholligan Kölsch
« on: August 09, 2022, 06:00:38 pm »
I'm spending a few days in Chattanooga right now with my wife while my son is at Space Camp. I haven't had the chance to try too many local brews, but right now I am sipping a phenomenal Kölsch from Chattanooga Brewing Company. There's a really great malt character (Vienna I think), a touch of fruity ester (really subdued, maybe pear), and a nice floral hop character. It's not often that I taste a beer and say "I need to brew one of these ASAP", but this one checks all the boxes for me.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Chattanooga Chattaholligan Kölsch
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 06:09:10 pm »
I'm spending a few days in Chattanooga right now with my wife while my son is at Space Camp. I haven't had the chance to try too many local brews, but right now I am sipping a phenomenal Kölsch from Chattanooga Brewing Company. There's a really great malt character (Vienna I think), a touch of fruity ester (really subdued, maybe pear), and a nice floral hop character. It's not often that I taste a beer and say "I need to brew one of these ASAP", but this one checks all the boxes for me.
Cheers to good Kölsch and Space Camp.

There’s a sign in the Space Camp cafeteria that says get more space at UAH.  We get tons of students in our Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering programs from that sign. But, the real action is in Cybersecurity Engineering ;) Send him back to Huntsville for college in a few years. We’ll get him working for our nation!

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 09:37:35 pm »

Cheers to good Kölsch and Space Camp.

There’s a sign in the Space Camp cafeteria that says get more space at UAH.  We get tons of students in our Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering programs from that sign. But, the real action is in Cybersecurity Engineering ;) Send him back to Huntsville for college in a few years. We’ll get him working for our nation!

He's actually doing Cyber Academy there this year!
Eric B.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 06:59:50 pm »
Check out "Odd Story" in Chattanooga. Jay was my first assistant brewer at Yellowhammer. He makes some amazing beers.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 09:26:58 pm »
Check out "Odd Story" in Chattanooga. Jay was my first assistant brewer at Yellowhammer. He makes some amazing beers.
They seemed to be pretty widely available, but their keg had just kicked when I went to order a Monkey's Heart at the restaurant I was in. I didn't get to any breweries while I was there, but all the local beers I tried were really good. If this was a representative sample, then the beer scene must be pretty good in Chat.
Eric B.