Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New portal not working  (Read 962 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
New portal not working
« on: August 25, 2022, 12:10:57 pm »
I tried doing the change my password thing and when I try to sign in I get a user name or password not right message.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: New portal not working
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 12:16:50 pm »
And when I click on the send an e-mail reset nothing happens.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 12:51:39 pm »
same here.  I've alerted Julia and Duncan.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 01:13:36 pm »
I haven't gotten an email asking me to reset my password, nothing in my spam folder.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
New portal not working
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 01:17:56 pm »
That email looks like spam.

1. The username is not my real username.
2.The link is not from the AHA (real domain: homebrewersassociation.org).
3. They would have told us to expect this change.

Please do not use that link. Most likely they are harvesting your password.

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 01:23:57 pm »
I've been able to change password and log in.  However, I must say...

This was very awkwardly done.  I received 2 emails, one of which was from "Fonteva Demo Association" ... HUH?  The link that is in the emails looks like it's straight from a Russian hacker.  As someone who deals with internet hacks and frauds in my day job, this would have been much better received had we been alerted to the change in advance, which I do not recall seeing.

Just my $.02 but thanks.  I'd be interested to know what enhancements will come from this.

P.S.  I do think it is real.  If you go to the AHA site without clicking the link, and try to log in, you will receive the same prompt to change your password.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:28:13 pm by smkranz »
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 02:24:14 pm »
That email looks like spam.

1. The username is not my real username.
2.The link is not from the AHA (real domain: homebrewersassociation.org).
3. They would have told us to expect this change.

Please do not use that link. Most likely they are harvesting your password.

No, it's legit

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 03:04:29 pm »
Greetings, forum folks-

We did indeed send out emails today regarding the change. A small segment of recipients received emails from the "Fonteva Demo" sender, but most should see AHA as the sender. @brewersassociation.org is the correct domain. You should have received two emails in total, one notifying of the change from the AHA and a second one with your reset link.

If you are a Brewers Association AND AHA member, these are separate memberships. You will receive an additional email for the BA membership and will go through the same reset process for that account.

Note: this update does not affect your existing AHA Forum login credentials, whether or not you are an AHA member.

If you did not receive the email, you can find more info in this web post. If you need assistance, please reach out to our Membership Team and they will help you out! info@brewersassociation.org
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Follow the American Homebrewers Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 03:59:15 pm »
IMO, very poorly done.

Also, we had to agree to a bunch of legal BS just to get back in. One item really bothers me. "You will not post anything false...".

What if we're trying to be helpful, believe something about brewing is true, but in reality it is false and we get banned?

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 04:03:01 pm »
Also, I am unable to log into the AHA website. I clicked the link from Fonteva Demo Association and I get

This page isn’t working right nowus-tdm-tso-15eb63ff4c6-1626e-17690d7de38.force.com can't currently handle this request.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 04:05:12 pm »
Also, I am unable to log into the AHA website. I clicked the link from Fonteva Demo Association and I get

This page isn’t working right nowus-tdm-tso-15eb63ff4c6-1626e-17690d7de38.force.com can't currently handle this request.

I got that, too. They had to send me another link. Try an email to info@brewersassociation.org
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:35:36 pm by mwabst »

www.dennybrew.com

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 04:57:36 pm »
I also agree the original emails resemble phishing attempts.

Would have been very HELPFUL to be notified in advance before this actually happened.

Then, I had to click the Brewers Associations link to set a new password to be able to read these forum posts to find out if they were legit. This is crazy.

Offline Richard

• Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 07:18:31 pm »
I had no problems. I saw the announcement on the AHA homepage before I got the email, so when I got the first email I knew it was legit. When I got the second email I used the link to change my password and it worked.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 09:06:42 pm »
I wonder how people didn't get the first email. When I got it, I was like... This is weird.. but it explained it all then I got the second one so

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 04:28:05 am »
The roll out was definitely not well executed!
The first thing I got was a notice that I needed to agree to a long list of boilerplate inorder to access the forum. Then last night I got the password change email. Changing my password was routine.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan