Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New portal not working  (Read 1877 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
New portal not working
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 05:26:26 am »
IMO, very poorly done.

Also, we had to agree to a bunch of legal BS just to get back in. One item really bothers me. "You will not post anything false...".

What if we're trying to be helpful, believe something about brewing is true, but in reality it is false and we get banned?
My question becomes ‘False’ according to who? 

Do we use what I’ll call the ‘Oprah-style’ speak your truth: if I believe it it’s true for me? …or do we use the ‘there is only one truth’ based on current science model?  …or is there a ‘grand poobah of truth’ policeman yet to be named that will decide what is or isn’t false? Is the Drew Ban Hammer being activated again?

We don’t discuss politics or religion here but there have been some hot debates with evidence presented to support various sides of an issue. Which evidence will be accepted as truth and which evidence will be excluded as false?

Seems like a slippery slope the AHA is getting itself into.  I heard the quilting forum had a hell of a time with the thought police running rampant.

Unforced error in my opinion (…but is that false?)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 06:44:57 am by BrewBama »

Offline tommymorris

New portal not working
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 07:14:57 am »
That email looks like spam.

1. The username is not my real username.
2.The link is not from the AHA (real domain: homebrewersassociation.org).
3. They would have told us to expect this change.

Please do not use that link. Most likely they are harvesting your password.

No, it's legit
Glad it is legit, but AHA needs to use links that are from the homebrewersassociation.org or brewersassociation.org. The link sent in the password change email looks like something you would encounter in a phishing email. The same is true when logging into the forum. The page you enter credentials on is from force.com. That page also needs to present itself as from homebrewersassociation.org or brewersassociation.org.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 07:20:11 am by tommymorris »

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: New portal not working
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 07:29:16 am »
I had no problems. I saw the announcement on the AHA homepage before I got the email, so when I got the first email I knew it was legit. When I got the second email I used the link to change my password and it worked.

Same here.  Went very smooth.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 08:08:29 am »
I got two emails, one from the AHA followed by one that looked like spam.  Then when I tried to log into the forum all I got was a waiver form.  It took me a little while to work up the courage to do anything, but it all worked.  Definitely could have used a formal email of intent up front.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2022, 09:07:36 am »
Also, I am unable to log into the AHA website. I clicked the link from Fonteva Demo Association and I get

This page isn’t working right nowus-tdm-tso-15eb63ff4c6-1626e-17690d7de38.force.com can't currently handle this request.

I got that, too. They had to send me another link. Try an email to info@brewersassociation.org
That's what I did and it worked with the link in the email response.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline neuse

• Brewer
  • New Bern, NC
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2022, 09:53:09 am »
I clicked on a new forum topic and got the notice that I need to agree to the new term. I agreed and got into the forum with no problems. But I still haven't gotten any email, about changing my password or anything else. I'll just continue as usual and see what happens.

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2022, 01:43:36 pm »
Went smoothly for me!

Online brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2022, 08:34:39 pm »
And today, Friday, August 26, 2022, I receive another email from BA telling me the prior email to the new website password reset was wrong (contained the wrong userid). I'm now in, but I had to use a different password than the forum part of the website. Great, another password.

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2022, 11:34:29 pm »
It went smoothly for me ... after I checked the website and saw the announcement that the email was real.  The link I got was to force.com address --- so it looks like the AHA upgraded to Salesforce from whatever they we were using before 🤷‍♂️.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:36:02 pm by Drewch »
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society and the League of Drews.

Online brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2022, 06:17:40 pm »
Was in the main AHA site on Friday. Try on Saturday and I'm told my username or password is not valid. I do a password reset. Go back to www.Homebrewersassociation.org and attempt login in again. Once again, I'm told "Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct."

The move to the new website/provider is HORRIBLE!

Offline vikeman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2022, 01:05:36 pm »
Can't successfully log in to the main site, no matter how many times I request and execute a password reset. And yes, I am using my email as userid.  I'm getting pretty tired of being prompted to become a member every time I want to look at content I had already paid for. 

Enough is enough.  I have requested cancelation of my membership and a pro-rated refund. I sent it to info@brewersassociation.org .  Anyone know if someone reads the emails sent to that account?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2022, 01:30:31 pm »
Can't successfully log in to the main site, no matter how many times I request and execute a password reset. And yes, I am using my email as userid.  I'm getting pretty tired of being prompted to become a member every time I want to look at content I had already paid for. 

Enough is enough.  I have requested cancelation of my membership and a pro-rated refund. I sent it to info@brewersassociation.org .  Anyone know if someone reads the emails sent to that account?

Yes, but likely not til tomorrow.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2022, 08:43:21 am »
This is very frustrating. I've been trying for a week to get a solution from the AHA. I never got the email referred to. I found out when I got my latest issue of Zymurgy with a big sticker on the cover saying this was my last issue and that I need to renew my membership. Could not log in. Tried to reset password but when I get the password reset link in my email it takes me back to the email us and we'll send you a password reset link. It's an endless loop with no way to resolve the issue. I emailed info@brewersassociation.org in the middle of last week and have heard nothing back. First they dump the zymurgy app, then they make changes to the forums leaving no easy way for PC users to mark all messages read, and now this. One might get the impression this organization is run by a bunch of drunken homebrewers.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato