Author Topic: Another new yeast strain from Lallemand  (Read 907 times)

Offline Fire Rooster

• Brewmaster
Re: Another new yeast strain from Lallemand
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2022, 12:57:20 pm »
I just emailed them to see if they have info on pressurized fermentations. The distinct flavor, enhanced above 20C, makes me think I'll stick with other strains unless it cleans up under pressure with room temp fermentation.

Also, the red apple flavor has me wondering if this is related to 2007, which is very forgiving of warm temperatures, but had the dreaded (to me at least) Budweiser flavor.

FYI, I got a quick response from Lallemand - no data of pressurized ferments as of yet, and 11g sachets are expected out in November.

Great team work.

Offline Mervin720

• 1st Kit
  • Brew hunter who loves to enjoy a variety of taste
    • Micet Group
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 11:56:24 am »
Oh, That's really interesting. Just feel interest to have it ASAP. Thanks for the exploring the new brand before us. Hope the taste will really be different.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 05:01:28 pm »
open to it, but i actually love that perfect tiny whiff of matchstick in a lager.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 09:00:53 pm »
open to it, but i actually love that perfect tiny whiff of matchstick in a lager.
Interesting how we’re all different. It repulses me.

Offline lupulus

• Brewer
  • Think like a proton, stay positive!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2022, 05:45:41 am »
Nice. I like this: “…will not produce hydrogen sulfide (H2S)…”.  That’s my biggest turn off with lager yeast. I don’t like the hint of sulfur so many seem to appreciate from a lager. I often use a clean ale yeast to produce a pseudo lager-like beer because of it.
Werner Back's book has a great discussion on sulfur (dioxide).
Hydrogen sulfide is always a defect, mostly related to yeast health.
After years of brewing, I come to realize that for beginners, it's better to brew lagers at high temperatures.
It gets you 70% of the way 100% of the time.
To get 100% of the way, you need to do a lot of things right, and it's not easy.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”  Neil deGrasse Tyson