Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vent-Matic Faucets  (Read 634 times)

Offline aleman1949

• 1st Kit
Vent-Matic Faucets
« on: October 19, 2022, 11:17:53 pm »
I have two Vent-Matic faucets. Vent-Matic was one of the first, maybe the first, stainless forward-sealing faucets. I've had them for some time - could be close to 20 years. They have been great faucets, but they need some refurbishing - new o-rings and gaskets. Unfortunately they have not been made for some time and I have not been able to find a set of replacement parts. The Intertap faucets look similar in design. Does anyone know if the Intertap parts will fit the Vent-Matic? Alternatively, does anyone know the specifications for the Vent-Matic parts?

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
Re: Vent-Matic Faucets
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 08:10:15 am »
I see you got no replies so here is my 2 cents. I too have a couple of the original Vent-Matic that I've had for probably a dozen years. I was very happy with them and like you I went searching for parts. I bought some replacement parts for Intertap faucets, and they seem to fit but there is none for the main seal on the shuttle [forward seal].
So, I finally retired them and bought some SS Intertaps from Ritebrew at a reasonable price. They are very similar to the Vent-Matics and have removable spouts with stout, barb and beer post accessories. I also got the SS spring that is great. I just let go of the handle when the glass is full, and it shuts off.
This function is great if you have small children or cats that are curious. I have Grandkids and a couple of cats that like to climb on things.
cheers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:12:32 am by scrap iron »
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln