Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Using edibles (THC Gummies) in beer recipe  (Read 3448 times)

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Using edibles (THC Gummies) in beer recipe
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2022, 09:27:18 am »
Another thing to keep in mind.  If you put THC products in a beer and try to enter it in a competition, you need to check the rules as some competitions will not allow beers with these products in them.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2022, 11:03:57 am »
Another thing to keep in mind.  If you put THC products in a beer and try to enter it in a competition, you need to check the rules as some competitions will not allow beers with these products in them.

Thanks for posting that Goose.

Off topic but I never had the desire to enter my beers into a competition. I guess I am happy with the feed back I receive from friends and family and of course myself.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2022, 04:51:33 pm »
Are you sure you want butter in your beer?

Those gummies are made with a THC-infused fat source whether it's oil or butter. I've seen several of the "butter" products are coconut oil-based which have kind of a soft butter consistency. The amount of fat source that would go into a batch of beer, unless he intends to get incredibly high, would be so small as to not have much of any effect. If weird about animal fat in the beer there are vegan products out there.

I have no interest in making THC beers so I'll leave it up to those that do to decide how they get the fun added to their beers.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 06:58:59 am »
THC can be extracted using an alcohol tincture, ice, or CO2 (dry ice) which would eliminate the fat. Ice or CO2 extraction would render pollen glands (powder).  The tincture could have the alcohol evaporated or distilled off resulting in a thick liquid.  Hops have very similar processes resulting in lupulin powder or a hop shot.

Offline Ariandel

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 05:01:53 pm »
The problem with selecting cannabis strains based solely on their THC content is very similar to stomach the worst booze in a bar just because it has a high percentage of alcohol. By doing this, the consumer is not only depriving themselves of the rich smells and tastes of the strain, but also missing out on the beneficial effects that can be delivered through the strain's specific terpene profile. Together with the content of cannabinoids, compounds such as THC or CBD, we get what is often called the "ambient effect," which ultimately has the final say on what benefits you can get from a particular strain. And to replace it came up with https://highthc.shop/product-category/edibles/ to reduce the concentration of harmful substances.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:52:11 am by Ariandel »

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2022, 05:48:33 pm »
I had what i think was a beer input with THC, and it was by far the worst beer I every had.  I might be mistaken as it was a bit ago, but it smelled horrible and tasted worse.  I told the lady who gave it to me, "for the love of all that is beer, please do not let anybody else drink that".  It was, and I am not exaggerating, the most horrid beer I had ever had.  RR

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2022, 09:39:10 am »
I had what i think was a beer input with THC, and it was by far the worst beer I every had.  I might be mistaken as it was a bit ago, but it smelled horrible and tasted worse.  I told the lady who gave it to me, "for the love of all that is beer, please do not let anybody else drink that".  It was, and I am not exaggerating, the most horrid beer I had ever had.  RR

I'm not a fan of the taste or smell, so I could see it being a real nightmare for the mouth.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline JoanMCD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 04:40:44 am »
I certainly haven't tried brewing THC gummies in beer, but I know how long do delta 8 gummies last if they are consumed with alcohol. I've tried adding THC gummies to my beer so that they would give it a taste and gradually dissolve in it, and I noticed a couple of interesting things when I used this drug with alcohol. The first thing I noticed is that the effect of alcohol when using this drug is enhanced. I wasn't drinking very strong beer, but with these HTC gummies, my beer felt like it was very strong. The second thing I noticed is that the effect of this drug, along with alcohol, is reduced significantly. Perhaps this is specific of my body and everything will remain the same for the rest, write your opinion and we'll find it out.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:10:09 am by JoanMCD »

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 11:24:56 am »
Just saw this: https://beerandbrewing.com/recipe-keith-villas-na-peanut-butter-and-pot-porter/

*Disclaimer*: Any comment I add is simply the way I brew beer. There are certainly other ways that can be equally effective which other brewers may contribute. This is what I’ve found that works for me using my equipment and processes so I offer this for your consideration. YMMV

Offline BrewBama

Using edibles (THC Gummies) in beer recipe
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2022, 11:24:56 am »
Just saw this: https://beerandbrewing.com/recipe-keith-villas-na-peanut-butter-and-pot-porter/

He dry hops with cannabis.

*Disclaimer*: Any comment I add is simply the way I brew beer. There are certainly other ways that can be equally effective which other brewers may contribute. This is what I’ve found that works for me using my equipment and processes so I offer this for your consideration. YMMV

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2022, 12:11:49 pm »

He dry hops with cannabis.

Great idea if you like chlorophyll
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell