Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Custom cardboard coasters...  (Read 769 times)

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Custom cardboard coasters...
« on: October 06, 2022, 03:17:59 pm »
I have a bunch of old worn out coasters in my "pub" that are in bad shape so I started looking around for new ones.  On Amazon I found a place (a number of places, actually) that will make you custom coasters.  Some are made of plastic or wood or metal but I went with the paper/cardboard ones.  I believe the merchant was in China because we had a little back-and-forth about how they should look, where things were located, etc. but in the end we got it right and they arrived pretty quickly...

Thought I would share for those who like the idea.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Custom cardboard coasters...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 03:19:30 pm »
I have a bunch of old worn out coasters in my "pub" that are in bad shape so I started looking around for new ones.  On Amazon I found a place (a number of places, actually) that will make you custom coasters.  Some are made of plastic or wood or metal but I went with the paper/cardboard ones.  I believe the merchant was in China because we had a little back-and-forth about how they should look, where things were located, etc. but in the end we got it right and they arrived pretty quickly...

Thought I would share for those who like the idea.
Looks great!

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 08:00:20 pm »
That is cool. Mind providing a link to the service?

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 08:34:21 pm »
That is cool. Mind providing a link to the service?
Here you go...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PVB472S?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I can't remember how many I got.  I paid $39 for these and the quantities show 12, 24, 60 and others.  If I got 24 of them then they're mildly spendy but they're custom.  Also, they seem to have a slight gloss on the surface which may make them last longer too.  I like them. 
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Skeeter686

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 09:47:34 pm »
If you're looking for a decent merchant to order custom pint glasses, I had a good experience with GlassWithaTwist.com.  "Spendy" is a decent description, as they cost me about $12 / glass, but I'm very satisfied with the quality and it was a good experience working with them.

I went for full color printing, but I'm pretty sure they offer a full range of options including etching.

BTW, I do like the coasters.  Wondering if I should order some for the Christmas party.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 09:52:08 pm »
If you're looking for a decent merchant to order custom pint glasses, I had a good experience with GlassWithaTwist.com.  "Spendy" is a decent description, as they cost me about $12 / glass, but I'm very satisfied with the quality and it was a good experience working with them.

I went for full color printing, but I'm pretty sure they offer a full range of options including etching.

BTW, I do like the coasters.  Wondering if I should order some for the Christmas party.

That's cool and I appreciate that.  I did have a guy who did custom etching and I still have a number of glasses that he made for me but he retired, apparently.  I could send him my logo in a JPG or PNG file and even buy the glassware myself and send it to him or he would provide a few styles of glasses.  Having custom stuff is kind of cool.  Some of the first etched glasses I had made for me became 'collector's items' for friends and for my kids.  All of my kids have some etched glasses I had made.  Thanks for the idea... I really should look into having more made. 
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline Skeeter686

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 10:04:34 am »

That's cool and I appreciate that.  I did have a guy who did custom etching and I still have a number of glasses that he made for me but he retired, apparently.  I could send him my logo in a JPG or PNG file and even buy the glassware myself and send it to him or he would provide a few styles of glasses.  Having custom stuff is kind of cool.  Some of the first etched glasses I had made for me became 'collector's items' for friends and for my kids.  All of my kids have some etched glasses I had made.  Thanks for the idea... I really should look into having more made.

For my glass order, I just uploaded a PNG and they've got a UI where you can add text and choose image placement. 

A friend of mine did the logo.  My artistic abilities don't extend much beyond coloring within the lines and I'm no good with design or composition.  A friend of mine who was just starting up his graphic arts career offered to do a brand development exercise with me, which was actually a really interesting process.  My wife and I got a logo we like and he got something else to add to his portfolio. 

Fire Rooster

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 01:12:23 pm »
Ordered custom cardboard coasters from www.grogtag.com

Look nice, very satisfied with them.
Coasters have PII on them, wont post pic.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 01:45:40 pm by Fire Rooster »