Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Octoberfest/Märzen side-by-side  (Read 1836 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Octoberfest/Märzen side-by-side
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2022, 03:12:06 pm »
I happened upon a great deal for Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier, Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen, and Warsteiner Oktoberfest. I had always thought Paulaner OM was a favorite, but Warsteiner was the best of the three with OM falling in the middle. Normally I drink my way through a range of O'fests, but never side by side. Since I had 12 packs of all three I did a SxS as well as one after another in various orders. Warsteiner was the best of the bunch each time.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2022, 03:39:35 pm »
I happened upon a great deal for Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier, Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen, and Warsteiner Oktoberfest. I had always thought Paulaner OM was a favorite, but Warsteiner was the best of the three with OM falling in the middle. Normally I drink my way through a range of O'fests, but never side by side. Since I had 12 packs of all three I did a SxS as well as one after another in various orders. Warsteiner was the best of the bunch each time.

i think warsteiner has more character than a lot of industrial scale german beers. the only issue i have with it is that sometimes it can be tinny tasting. idk if its a (plain?) lager or a german pils, sort of in the middle, but i am always up for drinking a warsteiner. also an independent brewery still afaik

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2022, 10:28:01 am »
Warsteiner Dunkel is one of my all-time favorites. I can't remember the last time I had their Oktoberfest, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer