Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Rapid City, South Dakota 10/16-10/20, 2022  (Read 779 times)

Offline COFlyGuy

• 1st Kit
  • A cold beer makes a good day!
Rapid City, South Dakota 10/16-10/20, 2022
« on: October 15, 2022, 01:11:31 pm »
I am headed to Rapid City with my family for a short vacation. I am wondering if I can get some suggestions on good places to go for quality beer while in Rapid City. Also I would not mind getting some suggestions on great places to eat. We will be very close to downtown.

Just and FYI, coming from Denver we have all the big chains like Texas Roadhouse. I am looking for the truly local restaurant suggestions. When it comes to the beer, I prefer true Craft beer over the INBev stuff served at Texas Roadhouse or other major chain restaurants. I want the smaller breweries please.

Thank you in advance.

One brew at a time, one glass at a time, but the more beer the better.
You can save the world one brew at a time!
Bacon is the Duct Tape of the food world.

Offline Semper Sitientem

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Rapid City, South Dakota 10/16-10/20, 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 06:22:27 pm »
My wife and I visited Firehouse Brewing in downtown Rapid about 6 weeks ago during a road trip. They’ve been around for 25 years. They had a good selection of tasty beers. They serve food as well, which I would rate as OK. Maybe it was just what we ordered.
Confidunt in cervisia nobis

Scientists believe that the universe is made of hydrogen, because they claim it’s the most plentiful ingredient. I claim that the most plentiful ingredient is stupidity. - Frank Zappa

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 09:11:23 am »
We stayed in Rapid City. We ate at Firehouse and it was pretty good. The best place we stopped for beer downtown was Independent Ale House. The pizza's there were great. I don't remember going to any other places than those two when we were there for a night or two.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline COFlyGuy

• 1st Kit
  • A cold beer makes a good day!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 08:51:39 am »
So, we got back from SD and I will say we had a great time. I tasted a number of really good beers. I only made it to one physical brewery , Firehouse Brewing. The Smokin' Betty was really interesting. The food was ok at Firehouse Brewing, nothing to write home about. Two of my favorite beers were the Pile O' Dirt Porter from Crow Peak Brewing Company and the Buffalo Snot from Mt. Rushmore Brewing. Two amazing porters with really nice flavors and finishes. I really enjoyed trying all the beers I had. Sadly, like most things there were a few I was disappointed in but such is life in the world of beer and food.
You can save the world one brew at a time!
Bacon is the Duct Tape of the food world.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 09:47:47 am »
So, we got back from SD and I will say we had a great time. I tasted a number of really good beers. I only made it to one physical brewery , Firehouse Brewing. The Smokin' Betty was really interesting. The food was ok at Firehouse Brewing, nothing to write home about. Two of my favorite beers were the Pile O' Dirt Porter from Crow Peak Brewing Company and the Buffalo Snot from Mt. Rushmore Brewing. Two amazing porters with really nice flavors and finishes. I really enjoyed trying all the beers I had. Sadly, like most things there were a few I was disappointed in but such is life in the world of beer and food.
I really enjoyed Rapid City and all of SD when I visited. Beautiful country with a lot to see. I enjoyed the beers in Sioux Falls also (across the state).