Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hop Grower  (Read 730 times)

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
Hop Grower
« on: November 26, 2022, 07:48:36 am »
I can't remember the name of the gentleman small farmer in Oregon or Washington State that sells hops. I purchased off of him a few years ago and was extremely happy with his products!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Hop Grower
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 09:12:16 am »
I can't remember the name of the gentleman small farmer in Oregon or Washington State that sells hops. I purchased off of him a few years ago and was extremely happy with his products!

Hop Heaven maybe? Ted doesn't grow them (he actually runs a company that makes giant swimming pool slides) but he sources and resells hops.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 10:29:38 am »

Hop Heaven maybe? Ted doesn't grow them (he actually runs a company that makes giant swimming pool slides) but he sources and resells hops.

Yes, that's the name. I was very happy with the whole leaf Saaz hops. Thanks Denny!! Gotta keep that freezer stocked!

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 09:00:01 am »
Is Hop Heaven still offering hops? I havent gotten the pre sale email this year.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 09:43:10 am »
Is Hop Heaven still offering hops? I havent gotten the pre sale email this year.

AFAIK, yes. But now that you mention it, I haven't seen anything either.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 02:13:44 pm »

I purchased a 3 pounds yesterday from them. Edelweiss, Czech Saaz (whole) and German Saaz (pellet) All 3 were 2021yr.

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 09:14:07 am »

I purchased a 3 pounds yesterday from them. Edelweiss, Czech Saaz (whole) and German Saaz (pellet) All 3 were 2021yr.
Im looking for 2022 hops, hopefully he'll have them available soon

Fire Rooster

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 01:11:15 pm »

One pound each of Mt Hood and Tettnanger 2022 hops were ordered from these two sites.

https://hopsdirect.com/

https://yakimavalleyhops.com/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 01:51:18 pm by Fire Rooster »

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 02:21:44 pm »

One pound each of Mt Hood and Tettnanger 2022 hops were ordered from these two sites.

https://hopsdirect.com/

https://yakimavalleyhops.com/

appreciate it