Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewing again  (Read 709 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Brewing again
« on: November 12, 2022, 10:36:01 am »
 Just noticed a thread I started back in August of 2021. Can't believe about three weeks after that my wife died. Been well over a year now and I'm trying to get back to someone I recognize. I decided I need a hobby or something to do besides just work and sleep. I figured t was time I get back to the pantless brewer I once was. I was kicking the tires on finishing my electric system when I looked back at the old thread I started. The last post was from Major whom recommended I look at the Brewzilla. Well, look at it I did, and it will be delivered Wednesday! I can honestly say, that since I lost Tammy the is only time I've been excited about something besides when I started driving truck. Stopped by the LHBS this morning to see what the price of ingredients has done since I've been gone. I was surprised to see not much change.
 I planned on coming home to get to work on my kegorator. I've had the freezer sitting brand new for close to a year now. Just no care to do anything with it. I'm looking around the brew shop and see on the counter a four tap tower for sale for $175, so i snagged that along with four cornies. Dang, I forgot how expensive this hobby is! But I'm glad to be back and look forward to catching up with some of you from years ago and meeting you new ones.

Prost!
       Weaze
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Brewing again
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 10:48:18 am »
Just noticed a thread I started back in August of 2021. Can't believe about three weeks after that my wife died. Been well over a year now and I'm trying to get back to someone I recognize. I decided I need a hobby or something to do besides just work and sleep. I figured t was time I get back to the pantless brewer I once was. I was kicking the tires on finishing my electric system when I looked back at the old thread I started. The last post was from Major whom recommended I look at the Brewzilla. Well, look at it I did, and it will be delivered Wednesday! I can honestly say, that since I lost Tammy the is only time I've been excited about something besides when I started driving truck. Stopped by the LHBS this morning to see what the price of ingredients has done since I've been gone. I was surprised to see not much change.
 I planned on coming home to get to work on my kegorator. I've had the freezer sitting brand new for close to a year now. Just no care to do anything with it. I'm looking around the brew shop and see on the counter a four tap tower for sale for $175, so i snagged that along with four cornies. Dang, I forgot how expensive this hobby is! But I'm glad to be back and look forward to catching up with some of you from years ago and meeting you new ones.

Hey, not sure how else to say it but I'm sorry for your loss. I experienced the same thing before. It's important to be active and social and take time for yourself.

Yeah, for me prices and selection of grain, hops and yeast are definitely way, way, WAY better than ~2005 when i started. However prices of grain have been rising over the past 2 years for me, especially a jump just this fall. equipment has gone up a fair bit, but there is a lot more specialized stuff for brewing.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 05:24:23 pm »
Great to hear you are back at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 08:28:19 am »
Good to see you back, and I hope you enjoy the Brewzilla...
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 10:05:42 am »
Welcome back from a newbie.  As said before, really sorry for your loss.  Enjoy the hobby and hopefully it will help you get back to being pantless, although I am not sure we really want to see that.  LOL.  Just kidding man, welcome back. 

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 06:04:46 pm »
Thanks guys. Trying hard to get back to life.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 03:50:55 pm »
Glad you're brewing again! Sorry you lost your wife in 2021.