Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hops for Deschutes  (Read 2392 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Hops for Deschutes
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:47:31 am »
Here are some pics of the Deschutes Brewing team in the Yakima hop fields picking out the hops for next year's beers....

More photos....

http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/dennyconn/Deschutes/
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Hops for Deschutes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 12:24:02 pm »
You know the hops are quite fresh when you get sticky green fingers and hands.  8)
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:52:36 pm »
Is that the Deschutes brewery? I've been "checking" them out lately. The IPA, Porter and Pale ale. So far I like the Pale ale the best.

Blurry pic is almost psychedelic. But you can see the structure and seeds etc. That's what I keep finding floating in my fermenters...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 02:44:00 pm »
Yep, Deschutes Brewing in Bend OR.  Their Black Butte Porter and Obsidian stout are big favorites around here.  I think their Mirror Pond pale ale is outstanding.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:28:28 am »
Red Chair NWPA blew my mind when they offered it as a standard seasonal last year. Their Portland pub was a major destination for me while I lived in Portland - outstanding one-off/experimental beers on a regular basis.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:18:46 am »
Yep, Deschutes Brewing in Bend OR.  Their Black Butte Porter and Obsidian stout are big favorites around here.  I think their Mirror Pond pale ale is outstanding.

Cool opportunity to go out hop picking and judging with such a popular local brewery.

I like MP's sweetness and while it's still hoppy you can still taste the malts The Inversion is very drinkable and not my first choice initially, but it's catching on. These beers are unlike anything available locally.

Decided what it is that I like about your pic there Denny. Like a green flame- against a green ground. If you have a higher rez pic I'd like one. Make a nice wallpaper for the lappy.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:16 am »
Actually, I didn't take the pics (or get to go with them....darn!).  One of the Deschutes brewing team is in the BJCP study group I teach and sent me the pics.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline jfin

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:05 am »
What ever happened to their Quail Springs IPA?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:10:16 am »
What ever happened to their Quail Springs IPA?

I have no idea.

www.dennybrew.com